Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went by the place that had the suzuki for sale and it was gone :banghead:. I went up and asked just incase it was in the garage and guess what it WAS. bought it for 600 bucks and went on my way.
I was alittle worried about the clutch and dumping the bike but besides a few stops and killing the engine all was ok.
I went about 1/2 mile cruising through our small town and by the time I hit the south side of town I was all smiles and ready for a cruise out on the low speed highway. What sucked was he pulled his old plates and since I had my permit and no helmet I went by the house and figured better safe then my license suspended.
When I was pulling by the grocery store infront of our house a sheriff deputy was on the road next to me. :moped::moped::moped::moped:

Put he just rolled by and went on his way. Going to try and get me a helmet and tag it tomorrow.

Got a question can I ride with no plats for 30 days? A friend told me I had 30 days to plate it.

Not a 2011 vrod but the 1981 suzuki will due till I get my vrod in feb

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
In most states that I know of you must register it before it is on the road. Dealers get away from this by having the ability to put a temp plate (if you want to call it that) on the bike while the office does the registration paperwork over the next few days.
I would not temp fate with this, go register it.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
I would not temp fate with this, go register it.
:them:

Don't know about up there in Indiana, but down here in TX and LA Temp tags are only available to dealers (and they cost $10 each in LA back in the early 90's)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going tomorrow to plate it. Planned on friday but dad is going to spot me the money till friday. I road it down to the gas station and to the store behind my house. Their fairly relaxed here. I know the bmv gives out temp tags now but I think it is for the plates they send in the mail. Anyway will be done tomorrow. GOt to get a helmet to. Around town I felt was ok but when I went to the gas station and hit 35 at the edge of town and bug hit me it HUrt more so the one that wacked me in the eye lid. Getting a helmet tomorrow if not friday. Better safe then died
Does your state use temporary tags? If so, you should at least get one of those.

Do you see anyone else driving around without any plates?

lmgtfy

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Las year I got caught in a rain storm of epic proportions. You know, the kind where your boots fill with water while riding. There I was riding along thinking "This really sucks". Then it hit me...this was still better than driving my truck. Two wheels always brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeap filled her up and it took $4.56 with having a 1/4 tank. Better then apple pie, better then fishing, better then a good looking woman well maybe.
Las year I got caught in a rain storm of epic proportions. You know, the kind where your boots fill with water while riding. There I was riding along thinking "This really sucks". Then it hit me...this was still better than driving my truck. Two wheels always brings a smile to my face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts