Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rib.

That was the synopsys from the doctor after I laid my DXA over yesterday. I hurt in ways I have never hurt before. The bike appears to be repairable, need a few new parts, and some luck.

My knees are swolen, The handle bars are bent pretty badly, from my knees. peg mounts are bent, so both of the lower frame rails need to be replaced

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Know your pain as far as the bike. My neighbor hot mine. Over 3K in damages. I wasnt on the bike at the time tho. Wounds will heal, scars are forever, and you have all your limbs! Just keep that in mind. Take care.
Joe

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
sorry to hear! take her easy as you heal up

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Ouch, broken ribs really are painful, been there! Glad you are able to post, heal quick and listen to your doc!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have a full detials on what on the bike is bad, I know the front forks are at minimum twisted. The botton frame tubes both will need to be replaced. I think the frame may be straight though. I'll need a new headlamp and mounting bracket. Bars are destroyed. There are a few plans for the bike in upgrades. I am just waiting to hear back if the frame is straight.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
heal up quick.. and get a parts list up so if we have it we can help!

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Those ribs will take a while to heal..I hit a deer back in 07, broke 2 ribs and my collar bone. I was down for like 6 weeks. Glad you are mostly ok...

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I'll have a full detials on what on the bike is bad, I know the front forks are at minimum twisted. The botton frame tubes both will need to be replaced. I think the frame may be straight though. I'll need a new headlamp and mounting bracket. Bars are destroyed. There are a few plans for the bike in upgrades. I am just waiting to hear back if the frame is straight.
Glad to hear you're up and posting ... never broke a rib, but had a problem with rib cartilage once and know how much it hurts with every breath.

I think you'll be amazed what the parts cost and how fast it'll add up. If you need any painted parts, it'll take forever.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heal up quick.. and get a parts list up so if we have it we can help!
I'll be working on that shortly, The local dealer(who has been very good to me) has it right now, they are giving it the official once over, to give me a full damage report.

I am praying like hell the frame is not damaged, I do not think it is. It was not leaking any fluids at all. I got some good help offered to me from another forum member on here(WICKED) lives only a stones throw from my house. As another thought; now may be that golden opertunity to do some custom work that I other wise would not do till much later. I wanted to replace my bars and risers with a different style and then also move my gauge cluster to my airbox cover, along with a long list of other things. I still want a 300 rear end.

I am not sure of the forks are just Twisted a little or bent, of the tubes are bent, they will need to be replaced. I may do the airride front forks if I have to tear them apart.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
This look familiar/similar?...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What happened/why did you go down?
I was ggoing around a blind corner, and the car infront of me slammed on it;s brakes. I didnt have alot of choices. I stood the bike up and slowed down as fast as I could and lost it.

Its not too bad, I realised today while looking the bike over at the dealer that my bell was ripped off during the ordeal.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
My bell didn't help me either....well maybe the 2 vehicles immediately before the third. And I didn't die. I guess maybe it did help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ribs have been healing fairly well.

The bike... was called back to have $5300 in damage.

after viewing their list I have it knocked down to less than $2000. They had alot of un-needed items on the list.

I need fork parts, Specifically the LHS lower leg in black and then the triple trees. I have been looking at aftermarket tree's and not seeing alot of options. I am open to ideas.

Also I have been condidering doing an inverted front end. I am looking for as much info as I can get. I love some of the stuff out there but 5K is a bit much to spend on the forks. I am open to realistic options.

I have a new airbox cover (Franklin' air box cover with build in gauge pod.)

I am working on handle bars. I was offered a set of black 1.5" or 2" risers that are standard harley risers, stock for some dyna's. I was considering the LA choppers Outlaw Z's. (in black)

I dont have a problem spending a few bucks on bars but I want nice bars. I also considered the LA choppers H bars

I am looking for something that sets the bike apart more than the stock style does. I have also considered a short T bar and a similar designs. I am VERY open to comments and ideas. I would prefer more black than chrome. Anything that comes chrome can be made to into black...

I also need the lower left and the lower right frame tubes. the left one is bent at the peg mount, and the right one has some scrapes in it.

I am also entertaining ideas for the front fender. I was thinking about the sport or shorter styled ones.

I'll endup needing new pegs and new grips, all were damaged in the incident, along with the shifter lever.

All advice and comments are welcomed.

Thank you to the offer to member Wicked in offering to help to rebuild my bike with me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts