Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin at buyin a supercharger...How much is the 2 bar map sensor....What is the point of it. What does it do?

·
DXA+ Member
262 Posts
Its a mini GPS that senses the two bars close to where your riding so you can stop for a cold one.
Just Kidding:):):)
If your going to go with that Rotrex you might want to PM Sharkey for the e-mail address or phone number for James at Zippers. Give him the details and see what he recommends. I would also see what Horsepower has to say about setttng it up with the Tmax. I must say I am tempted as well.

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a mini GPS that senses the two bars close to where your riding so you can stop for a cold one.
Just Kidding:):):)
If your going to go with that Rotrex you might want to PM Sharkey for the e-mail address or phone number for James at Zippers. Give him the details and see what he recommends. I would also see what Horsepower has to say about setttng it up with the Tmax. I must say I am tempted as well.
Yea i pm sharkman. No response yet. He runs it with a PCIII so a thundermax shouldnt be a problem.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
lookin at buyin a supercharger...How much is the 2 bar map sensor....What is the point of it. What does it do?
As far as the point of it, it measure the manifold air pressure. I believe the 2 bar measures up to 14 point something psi and a 3 bar measures up to 29 point something psi. I just remember reading this somewhere, so don't quote me on it.
I'm sure someone with much more knowledge of forced air induction and map sensors will chime in.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
I will try to get this close to correct…. Kinda like I know how to wire up a phone – just not exactly sure how your voice travels through the wire….:D

2 Bar Map Sensor – The pressure inside the intake manifold is an extremely important input to the ECU. This sensor will respond to changes in manifold pressures and relay the information to the ECU in the form of a voltage signal ranging from about 0.2 volts to 5 volts. MAP Sensor, 2-Bar, for blown or turbo applications up to a positive 14.9 lbs of boost. Without the 2 BAR Map Sensor you have no positive boost reading….

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much sharkey?

·
Registered
85 Posts
bar = 14.5psi A 1 bar sensor reads vacume. A 2 bar map sensor reads up to 14.5psi. A 3bar map sensor reads up to 29psi.

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got one on order from sharkey

·
Frank
4,314 Posts
If someone wants/needs one, I have a 2-bar sensor from Zippers I purchased from Trask years ago, but never used.

$60 shipped in the Con-US.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts