Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some suggestions, where did you guys mount your two bar map sensors? Do I have many options. Thanks in advance.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I just put mine next to the plenum in front of the fuse block, it was the only hole I could find :)... I had a lot of stuff under the hood, modules for the Pingle EZ shift kit took up some room too :)... I'm going to try and find a better spot for it with my new rod, maybe stuff it up on top of the battery... My 05 had the ECU up there too and my new 06 Nightrod has the ECU under the seat...

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tbones,

The 2bar I got from trask, came with a jumper cable plugged in and the hose to connect to the brass reference in the front of plenum. Do I connect the cable to the old map sensor in block or to the plug that plugs into the old map sensor. Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I am doing it the right way.. Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Tbones,

The 2bar I got from trask, came with a jumper cable plugged in and the hose to connect to the brass reference in the front of plenum. Do I connect the cable to the old map sensor in block or to the plug that plugs into the old map sensor. Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I am doing it the right way.. Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Yes, you are going to wire into the existing wires going to the stock MAP sensor...

1, Unplug the connector going to the stock MAP sensor...
2. Cut the three wires leaving atleast two inches of wire coming out of the stock connector.
3. I suggest that you purchase a three wire Deutsch connector (male/female), two females and one male..
4. Wire in the male connector to the three wires coming out of the main wiring harness.
5. Wire one female to the wires coming from the stock connector.
6. Wire one female into the Zippers 2bar Map sensor wires...

That way if you ever remove the turbo or sell the bike and want to keep your turbo, you can simply unplug the Zippers and plug back into the stock MAP sensor... You can go here to get the connectors...

https://www.wirecare.com/index.asp

Now remember, on the stock wiring the color coding is just opposite of the Zippers wires except for the purple w/white stripe... In otherwords, one of the stock wires to the stock MAP sensor is red w/white stripe but the Zippers wire is white w/red stripe... The only wire that matches color coding is the purple wire... Hope this makes sense... Just remember that the wire color code is just opposite on the Zippers except for the purple wire, it matches the stock wiring color code...

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir. I appreciate the help.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Thank you sir. I appreciate the help.
You're certainly welcome... Gotta keep our brother "suckers" out there running with big ol smiles on there face... You're gunna love it :)... Post some pic's of your rod when you get her all dolled up with that turbo :)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts