Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I have a vrod 2014 and I'm using power vision + KN filters, and I'm in doubt on the choice of exhaust.
2-1 Vance Hines or 2-1 Akrapovic? What should you expect from each? And I'm wanting to put TARGET TUNE FULL KIT ...

2-1 Vance Hines It's easy to burn your leg, and it makes a lot of noise, but it's the one that has the most HP gain.

2-1 Akrapovic the sound is not so cool, but is lighter and gets better on the bike, and has the highest torque gain.

:notworth::notworth::notworth: thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't speak to the V&H, but I'm loving Akrapovic:
1. It's crazy light, titanium and Stainless
2. It looks awesome
3. You can download the correct map from Akrapovic website
4. I have the quiet insert because I take long rides, it's a three-screw swap-out if I ever need to go back
5. If you read here, many (not all) people who have had a VH will move to Akra, I don't think I've found anyone dissatisfied with Akra.. (is there?)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I've always wondered - if you replace the stock Akrapovic muffler with a much longer like 16"- 20" 2.5+ " I.D. louvered or perforated core muffler will you gain Hp ? The stock Akra muffler looks very restrictive ( as per their website not a great Hp gain ) and with a quiet baffle probably makes less Hp than the stock H-D 2-1-2 setup ! So keep the beautiful head pipes, collector pipe and add a good looking straight thru longer muffler - I did this with my Bub 7 and the power is absolutely there without the excessive noise, no butt plug, restrictive quiet baffle needed. Anyone tried this setup ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vh 2-2

I'm currently using a slip on VH 2-2, I love the sound, but the HP's to be desired ...
Will I have a lot of difference for 2-1?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You kidding? Akra doesn’t sounds as good? I’ve gotten so much praise for how the Akra sounds signature by other V owners including couple of guys with a V&H and Fitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"Grab your ankles"
193 Posts
That exhaust system looks abused to me :(
Abused? :bs:

Obviously appearance is subjective, but I love the look of his Akra with the shorter tip on it. The long, stock, canister tip looks like something that was stolen from a sportbike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Akrapovic vs V&H

im another convert to an Akrapovic pipe over a comp series V&H 2-1. i bought the bike with the V&H system on the bike and i wasnt a fan from day 1. i forgot to put in my ear plugs when i picked up the bike and had to pull up 5 mins later to put them in even tho it was only a 45 min ride home....obnoxious is a word that comes to mind. dont get me wrong the bike went fine (apart from the constant decel popping)
but the volume of noise killed it for me. dont get me started with the right side cornering issues. needless to say it was only a matter of time before i replaced it. along comes the Akro much more user friendly i can lean into a corner without scapping the guts out of the muffler and as far as power goes im sure the V&H makes a few HP more than the Akro but to me its worth the trade off. if i was taking the bike on regular trips to the strip i think the V&H would be the obvious choice but as for road use i dont think you can compare the two systems...its Akrapovic all the way. just my 2c.
cheers Sonny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts