Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am tired of my currently drilled stock pipes and have read that if I go with a 2-1 set up I will gain a little power and torque. First off is this correct? Secondly what is the best performing 2-1 pipe? Thanks.

EDIT: I have done searches on here and see there are a lot of fans of the BUB7 and ThunderHeader. Can someone with a DX post pics of these 2 options in black? Thanks a lot guys.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,389 Posts
Other good options are - V& H Indy pipe -- CFR pipe....... D&D fatcat...

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Here is a few, just keep searching till you find the one you like.

·
Registered
138 Posts
IMO, the Powerline is the best 2-1. Flows with the bike and sounds deep and throaty. I had one on my bike before my spinner muffler, and really liked it alot.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,389 Posts
IMO, the Powerline is the best 2-1. Flows with the bike and sounds deep and throaty. I had one on my bike before my spinner muffler, and really liked it alot.
True, but also very difficult to find one of these :deal:

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Thanks for those posts BulmJ.

I'm considering going to a 2:1 system from my current V&H Slip-Ons - as the stock heat shield mounts on the collector are just going to continue breaking off anyway.

Gives me some idea(s) which direction I might go... (though back on the dyno after the swap is pretty much mandatory)...

All except the D&D look like they hang pretty damn low (compared to the already low stock setup).

Supertrapp makes a nice collector/slipon - but it's gonna require an earlier (06) set of header pipes & heat shields (where the front pipe is not a part of the collector assembly)...

Current Setup:

Rick

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
i wanted to have BUB 7 2 into 1 but the problem that they were out of stock for the next 4 weeks so I went with CFR instead

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking the BUB 7 is going to be the route I go. I just love the look of that pipe on the DX...anything special I need to know about mounting it? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
vance and hines comp series is good, its whats on my bike and its real throaty when it needs to be and somewhat mild when your off the throttle

·
Registered
727 Posts
2-1 pipes

vance and hines comp series is good, its whats on my bike and its real throaty when it needs to be and somewhat mild when your off the throttle
:them: I run the same pipes on my bike. I really like these pipes good beefy rumble. Not so loud that they ring your ears while cruising. They get pretty loud when you put the hammer down though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having sat here the past few nights dreaming and looking at different exhausts, I have to say I'm partial to the CFR myself. Only issue would be clearance on the side, but it honestly is one of the best sounding out of the bunch, and looks sharp too.

On another note, with your current slip-ons, did you have to re-tune? Thinking about doing that mod basically before I get the bike when I order it, and really haven't been able to find out a straight answer. Would rather just get slip-ons now, and then move onto a complete stage 1 later in the year. (My plan kind of being, get the bike this year, then do a stage 1 next year, stage 2 the following, then see how things stand). Right now I like both the tab and black widow, so it's a tough choice lol.

(not to derail, but a lot of good info here)

·
Registered
10 Posts
RE: 2into1 Pipes or just Mufflers for DX ?

Mufflers.
"Bub 7" seems to be a lower cost spin-off of "Reinhart", which are both dressy (classy looking) pipes but seem really quiet, like the stock cans on the Night Rod.... for DX $550.00 - $750.00 USD for Reinhart

"CFR" has a deep throaty rumble and means business, not too loud, looks mean,
for Night Rod between $525.00 - $650.00 USD

Pipes and Muffler
"Vance and Hines Competition", loud even at idle, with poor heat shielding,
nice and muscley looking though (compact) Where ever advertised for sale there is always a cavet (paraphrase) "Not for street use" for night Rod $650.00 - $790.00 USD

The $5 to 600.00 US seems a little pricey for just slip-on mufflers but you then have the stock heatshielding and as with the CFR, a really nice deep rumble.

I ain't no expert, but my hearing is still not too bad when listening on "youtube"

Find videos taken outside away from a building (OR ECHOES) for truer sound?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ryalt: Did the email about Cobra, I sent you, help?

Look at Bub7 on Wicks bike....cooool......those are Arnott Shocks for around $12 -1300.00 USD?

Together with the shocks, done up smooth and classy.

I'm going for a little rougher look....(black)Front Boots (black vinyl on upper forks) and 412 (black) Progressives on rear, to (kinda match ridging of boots) powder coated shift linkage,shifter, rear brake peddle and levers....and I think later with CFR Muffler

·
Wick
546 Posts
WICK

AMERICAN CLASSIC MOTORS on eBay is using pix of your bike...new I seen before!
Yeh I know they asked me to send some pictures for them to use, they looked after me very well so I was happy to. The Bub 7 is definately not a quite exhaust, nice tone at idle and when you get on the gas it barks, I had the Rhiny 2-2 before and they were extremely loud and the noise never went away at cruise where as the Bub is a lot more sedate when you are at cruisng speeds. The biggest point for me was clearance I ride a lot of windy roads and reasonably hard and it has only sraped once so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the only bad thing i can say about my v and h comp is that after the bike warms up and yo ucome to a long light if there is no breeze the heat off the pipe will burn your ass and right leg up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts