Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to purchase a good 2-1 exaust- will need chrome. Anyone a dealer for any company(sorry not interested in TAB). Or if you have a very nice used one around that you want to move out, pm me.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
have you considered a "powerline" forum member wicked mods your stock 3rd volume to a 2:1, and you reuse your stock top can. Looks good and clean.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
running samson pipes now. just want to reclaim some horsepower

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
trask makes a really good one..:hidesbeh:

actually dustin. installed a rinehart 2 into 1 on a friends bike the other day.. very cool exhaust.. sounded great

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
running samson pipes now. just want to reclaim some horsepower
D&D seem the best to me. They have actually bothered to design them properly and test them on a dyno. With a PCIII, they transformed my bike. As for the looks - some people like them, some people hate them. I don't much care to be honest, it is an exhaust system, not an ornament. Oh, they sound nice too.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I agree with mnerren. I have tried about half a dozen different exhaust systems and keep coming back to the thunderheader. The Harley big twin riders with their loud pipes are always whining about my thunderheaders being "way too f*cking loud"............

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trask makes a really good one..:hidesbeh:

Actually dustin. Installed a rinehart 2 into 1 on a friends bike the other day.. Very cool exhaust.. Sounded great
keep rubbing it in butthead....actually, was thinking the bub 7 series, like the way it looks. Anyone got a hook up for them??

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I am with Louis... if I went 2 into 1 I would go with the D&D it allows the most corning clearance among other things. Frank (BadV-R) is a dealer for them as well...

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Think there was a group buy on the bub7 a while back. Might check there. I'll ask my buddy where he got his. Oh and Wiley, tobe. Kiss my ass...lol

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I am with Louis... if I went 2 into 1 I would go with the D&D it allows the most corning clearance among other things. Frank (BadV-R) is a dealer for them as well...
It is good on clearance but not as good as I expected. I forget why now, header or standoff or something. Much better than most though.

It does work well though. And the chrome, though lousy after a hard Winter here, has fared better than Harley's own (came back with a severe polish). All chrome is lousy now because of enviro-nonsense I'm told.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Oh and Wiley, tobe. Kiss my ass...lol
You'll hafta instruct us on the proper way to do it; considering the volume and rate you've been modding your bikeS lately, you must have the ol' lady's hind end raw...:angeldev:

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
You'll hafta instruct us on the proper way to do it; considering the volume and rate you've been modding your bikeS lately, you must have the ol' lady's hind end raw...:angeldev:
i reserve the right to remain silent...:D:moon:

·
Semper Fi
598 Posts
I think my top two looking exhaust are the DD 2-1 and the BUB 2-1.

I like the DD over the BUB because it is longer, and the can sits higher for better clearance.

I like the BUB over the DD because the pieces fit nicer, and you see less line breaks (ie; less gaps from how one piece fit with another).

As for sound, the DD is like listening to Tori Black go wild;)

I haven't heard the BUB in real life, but I am sure it sounds good, too.

PS--I have a used set of chrome DD 2-1 for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.