Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wazzup: I recently purchased an A, and I know it was the right choice for me. I've been in love with the v-rod since HD first introduced it, and bought this one as soon as i could. I have noticed that the front tire on it is starting to get choppy and a few people told me this was a characteristic of the v-rods, and I wanted some input whether this was true or not? Also it has a studder sometimes from the ranges between 3 and 4 grand. Is this normal?

I recently read some articles on here about running topless and i took my airbox lid off today. Love the sound it brought out, but does it give any significant hp gain? I also have slip on tips and it looks good and sounds good, but i need to get it tuned. I was trying to decide between the PCIII or a SERT, and someone said for $70 more i would be much more happy with the SERT, and i was wondering the big difference between the 2?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Bub... My '03 also has the "studder" or skipping between 3-4k rpm's, I talked with the mechanics and they said they have been trying to figure it out, but i could "leave my bike with them and they would look into it, for a price." No thanks, (no exploratory surgery on my dime) I just decided not to drive at the range it was skipping, which for me was 58 - 61 mph. I did do a v-mod on the exhaust and had it dyno'd and upgraded, since then I have not noticed it, but than again I am either stopped or going over 70mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I've noticed mine doesn't do it at higher speeds, but more like the 35 mph range when it is at about 35k. It smooths out as I go faster. I'm not willing to let the dealer take my money neither, I just figured someone on here might have some good input about it. I think I also read that they run lean from the factory due to emissions, and once you get a pc or race tuner and adjust it, it makes a big difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts