Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMFG!!!!

I found 7th gear!

As y'all may recall, I'm running TAB pipes with the TAB tuner... BN just contols the juice.

Eh, I figured why start at 8? I started at 7, then down to 6 and couldnt tell a difference, so I bumped up to 6.5 to err on the rich side.

What are you guys running your BN Tuner at for the nitrous setting?

Was it worth $1000 bucks? I spent half of that on my Vortex Cold Air Box form my Corvette... for a couple of extra ponies, ithe vortex wasnt worth it... yeah it made an improvement, but the BN system is actual REAL and USEABLE HP!!! Hell yeah the BN system IS worth it!

It cost me $19.95 to fill up my tank from the local welding supplier.

----------------------------------------

On a different note, even before I had the BN system installed, the TAB tuner piggy backs to the stock fuel injector connectors... The BN system just adds a 3rd set.

When I wash my bike, I dry it first with a leaf blower to blow most of the water I can get to out from all the nooks.... but until I actually ride the bike and heat it up, it runs like crap as the water is shorting out the system, back fires/pops/etc...

Will regular black electricians tape hold up to the engine heat? Is there a black heat resistant tape that I can tape up the connectors with?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing, NOW I'm kicking myself for not just going with the 25 nozzles right from the start! I got the 20's.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Bro,arn't you in Palm Harbor? Gearhead performance in Dunedin fills bottles and so does automotive eng. on the corner of ulmerton and us.19. Good luck and welcome to the blue bottle club.
Blackcat Motorsports:nos

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
OMFG!!!!

I found 7th gear!

As y'all may recall, I'm running TAB pipes with the TAB tuner... BN just contols the juice.

Eh, I figured why start at 8? I started at 7, then down to 6 and couldnt tell a difference, so I bumped up to 6.5 to err on the rich side.

What are you guys running your BN Tuner at for the nitrous setting?

Was it worth $1000 bucks? I spent half of that on my Vortex Cold Air Box form my Corvette... for a couple of extra ponies, ithe vortex wasnt worth it... yeah it made an improvement, but the BN system is actual REAL and USEABLE HP!!! Hell yeah the BN system IS worth it!

It cost me $19.95 to fill up my tank from the local welding supplier.

----------------------------------------

On a different note, even before I had the BN system installed, the TAB tuner piggy backs to the stock fuel injector connectors... The BN system just adds a 3rd set.

When I wash my bike, I dry it first with a leaf blower to blow most of the water I can get to out from all the nooks.... but until I actually ride the bike and heat it up, it runs like crap as the water is shorting out the system, back fires/pops/etc...

Will regular black electricians tape hold up to the engine heat? Is there a black heat resistant tape that I can tape up the connectors with?
I am in the same boat. Every other day I have to tighten up my tape. I am currently looking for some quick connectors that just clip on and off with no trouble but havent looked that hard, really. Just keep checking on the tape. It is a good temporary solution while you enjoy your new toy. Once the novelty wears off (and it will, trust me) you can make it really nice. Ride safe.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
You shouldn't be paying more than $3.00 per pound. As far as the water issue. Stop spraying water on the electronics. LOL Use some electrical grease on the connections. If you really want to wad the connectors with tape. Use TOMMY TAPE.
Welcome to the BBC!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope the novelty doesnt wear off. Get ready to bust my balls here, but when I had my Ducati 748, I put less than 3000 miles on it in 2 years! I work for a living and have a family... I doubt I'll even put that kind of milage on my DX now... yeah I know its sad, my bike wasnt bought to be a garage queen, but alas, it might as well be I guess? But its a hoot when I do get to ride it...

I've had to force myself to ride it a few miles each day just to break it in so I can get the oil changed at 500 miles (my choice)... I'm only at 400 miles right now for the first month.

However, the 748 was a monoposto... because the DX has a rear seat/pegs, I'm hoping to get my wife to take day trips with me from Blue Ridge, GA to Ashville, NC or Franklin, NC.... just a short 400 mile roundtrip day trip.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Kewl

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get yourself a 60# bottle and you can fill your smaller bottles yourself. Freeze them first, they'll fill all the way up. Cost will be down around $2.90-$3.00.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got several "E" cylinders in my dental office already... they're about 4 1/2" diameter by about 24" long... two of them and two O2 bottles of same size hook up to a portable nitrous/O2 cart for patients.

I wonder if I can use those "E" tanks as bulk tanks to refill my 2.0 lbs bike tank?

Even so, the air driven pump is like $850 bucks from BOSS-NOSS... I've got an air compressor in the office, I'm certain I could do it. Wife would go ape shit if I bought an $850 pump right now... our swimming pool pump went out today, and that's gonna cost me another $1100 bucks...

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
COVROD said:
Get yourself a 60# bottle and you can fill your smaller bottles yourself. Freeze them first, they'll fill all the way up. Cost will be down around $2.90-$3.00.

Haha Charles Gaylusacs law: The pressure of a fixed amount of gas at fixed volume is directly proportional to its temperature

k=p/t

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
You dont need a pump. Get a -4 line and a big nos bottle off ebay or a 75 pound bottle from a welding supply store. Make sure you get a syphon tube style tank.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Like Joe said, you don't need the $850 pump. You can just hook up your bottle to the larger tank and it will fill up just fine. We've been running the Boss Noss system on our sleds for years and filling the bottles up ourselves.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
COVROD said:
Like Joe said, you don't need the $850 pump. You can just hook up your bottle to the larger tank and it will fill up just fine. We've been running the Boss Noss system on our sleds for years and filling the bottles up ourselves.
Have you ever had to heat the bottle in the coldest days of winter?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does the standard 2.0 BN bottle have a siphon tube in it?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I've got several "E" cylinders in my dental office already... they're about 4 1/2" diameter by about 24" long... two of them and two O2 bottles of same size hook up to a portable nitrous/O2 cart for patients.

I wonder if I can use those "E" tanks as bulk tanks to refill my 2.0 lbs bike tank?

Even so, the air driven pump is like $850 bucks from BOSS-NOSS... I've got an air compressor in the office, I'm certain I could do it. Wife would go ape shit if I bought an $850 pump right now... our swimming pool pump went out today, and that's gonna cost me another $1100 bucks...
Dr. You need to change the Title to N20:deal: !NOS is a Company not a Liquid/Gas Component like N20:wazzup: ?

P.S I had 10-10lb NOS bottles I would just fiil up off my Buddies Monster 200lbs Medical grade N20 bottles:angeldev: .

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Just be careful when filling a bottle yourself......

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Super Kaz said:
Dr. You need to change the Title to N20:deal: !NOS is a Company not a Liquid/Gas Component like N20:wazzup: ?

P.S I had 10-10lb NOS bottles I would just fiil up off my Buddies Monster 200lbs Medical grade N20 bottles:angeldev: .

?
Wouldn't it be NO2, nitrous oxide? damn chemistry geeks! :D

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Xoygeha said:
?
Wouldn't it be NO2, nitrous oxide? damn chemistry geeks! :D
no they were NOS Bottles of N20:chair: ! NEWBIES:coff: .

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
It's N2O because it's two parts nitrogen to one part oxygen.....33% oxygen by weight.....
The air we breathe is only about 23-25% oxygen....that's why nitrous oxide makes so much power.....not only is it getting more air...but it's GOOD air

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
I like to consider it "Fast Air." Thats how I described it to my wife and was the only way I could make her understand how it worked. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts