Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AWESOME!!!!!The seat of the pants dyno says tremendous increase in power! I'ts like I added a turbocharger! Amazing! I'm lovin' it!!fredfryguy :D :rofl2: :cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Fredfryguy,

Was there a map out of the box for your setup? What about the options that are available for PCIIIusb, like accellerator pump, or quick shift. Did or are you going to use those? I 'd like to see what kind of numbers your making. I Like the New headlight, it looks huge on the front of the V-rod. Well have to stage a photo sometime kind of like before (my"b") and after(your"b"). Ithink that would show the dramitic difference of your set-up.

Lets ride soon
Roverdog

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M809-030 Map I used...

Hi Mike, I used M809-030 map from the PC111 CD.It's the one for Rhineharts, SE air filter and stage 1 download. I have not fooled with anything else. I'll wait to I get it on a dyno to adjust. Email me your phone # again so we can get together. I emailed ya my number. Fred :laugh: :ride: :moped:

ROVERDOG said:
Hey Fredfryguy,

Was there a map out of the box for your setup? What about the options that are available for PCIIIusb, like accellerator pump, or quick shift. Did or are you going to use those? I 'd like to see what kind of numbers your making. I Like the New headlight, it looks huge on the front of the V-rod. Well have to stage a photo sometime kind of like before (my"b") and after(your"b"). Ithink that would show the dramitic difference of your set-up.

Lets ride soon
Roverdog

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just got the PCIII usb on mine dynotuned and got 116hp and a 10hp increase in the midrange. I have a supertrapp, K&N filter and 28 tooth. I'm also running topless. Before the PCIII I was running a DFO and got 105hp topless and 103 with top on. Adding the PCIII the base HP was 114hp. before the tune. The tuner concentrated mostly on the midrange, but got 2 more up top. The A/F line was flat after the tune. I'm extremely happy with the results. I would definetly recommend having it Dynotuned by a good tuner. It makes a BIG difference. Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ba49
I also added the pcIII usb to my set up
SE slip-ons (v-modded) Se air filter, TT 28t,
stock ecm (no flashes) and topless.
I loaded the -020 map and set the accelorator pump feature but
haven't had much saddle time due to weather.
I have an appointment Sat. for the dyno and I was wondering :
Did your tuner fiddle with the acceorator pump feature at all or use the cylinder trim feature and did it make any difference?
And any advice as to communicating with the tuner guy would be appreciated.

Thanks, James

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
TRUST ME!Thats Nothing Even Close to the Feeling of putting a Turbo on one of these!Remeber I know. ;) You gain at most 7-8 rwhp on a Bad tune with Top to a Good Tune with out Top!Just think what 75 or 100 EXTRA Would feel Like! :eek:

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
ba49 said:
I just got the PCIII usb on mine dynotuned and got 116hp and a 10hp increase in the midrange. I have a supertrapp, K&N filter and 28 tooth. I'm also running topless. Before the PCIII I was running a DFO and got 105hp topless and 103 with top on. Adding the PCIII the base HP was 114hp. before the tune. The tuner concentrated mostly on the midrange, but got 2 more up top. The A/F line was flat after the tune. I'm extremely happy with the results. I would definetly recommend having it Dynotuned by a good tuner. It makes a BIG difference. Bill

hey Bill: got supertrapps coming and will soon be at your above mentioned specs. Can you post your map that I may cheat and compare? I think we have a pcIII map thread here somewhere. I want it all!!

Thanks, dude.

kerry

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
ba49 said:
Post your dyno sheets here:
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry guys, I don't have the map. I can't use my computer to access as I have windows 95 and it's not compatible with the USB. I did have the 2004 HD chip down loaded first as I added the 28 tooth pulley. The tuner ordered and installed the PCIII for me. I picked the bike up Sat. just as he was closing and haven't got a chance to really talk to him. Riding it home I really noticed a difference. Much better midrange response and great up top. It also seems to have cured my stalling problem. Definatly worth the $250. for the tune. I'm going to have them do a NOS. wet system for me when my warranty runs out. They do alot of exotic sportbikes and also tuning for the local HD dealer when the customer wants a super tune.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
A couple of questions:

1. Has anyone come from a PC III or PC IIIr to a PC USB and was there a significant incremetal difference in performance and gas milage??

2. In SOME parts of the country there seems to be significant delays in receiving the PC USB's did you experience that too?? If so, How long did you wait??

Regards.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
V-mod. com
Has the PCIII USB's In stock Now.

Dont know how many though, you might call and check before there sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts