Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Triumph Thunderbird Sport in Racing Yellow with Jet Black infill and Silver coachlining.

$4,000

Less than 24,000 Miles. New tires (Avon) in 2008 (less than 1,000 miles since).
Comes with both the stock (2-up) seat, and the Solo (cafe) seat.
Triumph Performance exhaust is installed, standard mufflers are included with sale.
Included is the optional sport windshield.

This bike is powered by a souped-up version of the standard Thunderbird's 885cc motor. This is a liquid cooled DOHC inline triple, fed by three 36mm carburetors, with an electronic ignition system. Triumph says this engine makes 83 HP and 56 lb.-ft. of torque at the crankshaft. This translates to about 72 HP and 52.4 lb.-ft. at the rear wheel. Dry weight is 494 lbs., and fuel capacity is 4.5 gallons. Six-speed transmission, and chain final drive. Dual Front disk brakes.

Very much on par with the V-Rod when you consider power to weight ratio, and it likes the higher revs.

This bike is a ton of fun to ride, and is a head-turner everywhere we go. I have friends with over $30K in their V-Rods, and people walk right past to check this updated classic out.

It is currently lowered 2" from the stock configuration, but it is an easy linkage swap (I have the parts) to raise it back up to stock height if desired.

This bike is an unbelieveable bang for the buck!

Attachments

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
124 views, and no replies... BUMP!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
love this bike. if it were the orange and white one (2000?), i'd be sorely tempted

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
A buddy has on of these, almost R ish. Cool bike. Wish I could do it but no extra cash....

Oh well

BUMP

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still available....

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SOLD!

I took it for one last ride and delivered it to the new owner today! Hate to see it go, and I expect one day I'll wish I had kept it, but it was time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts