Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I've looked at the "How To" posts for swingarm 180 to 240 conversion. There is nothing which explains exactly what to do and parts needed. Some say yes or no to machining rear pulley. Some say no front pulley off-set some say yes. Some say narrrower belt/stock belt. Does anyone have the real answer? I have an '03 with HD Roadwinder wheels, rear 180/18 with true floating rotors all the way around and stock calipers. I plan on widening rear wheel to accomodate a 240, not sure where to have done. In widening the rear wheels should I go 8 or 8.5?

I'm looking for step by step instructions if anyone has them for a stock '03. Any help ASAP would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance to any input!:notworth:

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
I used harley Kit and everything fit perfect but I did have to change front trees also and i have narrow belt and put 260 on last week fits perfect george

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
You don't have to change the front tree's. H-D recomends it but I have had no problems at any speed and I have around 4,000 miles since my conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
when getting into a corner HARD the wheel will go back and forth Vrod Customs told me to change it if you know Ray he will explain George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts