Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
180 Rear Wheel and Used Tire Reduced $120

I'm selling a 180 rear wheel with a used Dunlop tire that I've had as a spare. Unfortunately the tire is from 2004 and no local shops will mount it on my bike. The wheel itself is in great condition and I had just polished it up to be mounted on my bike. The wheel bearings do need to be replaced and as you can see by the picture the rotor is also included. The picture I snapped of the tread shows what looks like a gash in the tire but it is no deeper than the tread. I would still like to add this should be used as an emergency or burnout tire and not for daily use.
The price does include shipping in the continental U.S. Payment can be sent via PayPal.

104_6331.jpg 104_6332.jpg

104_6333.jpg

·
New Kid
28 Posts
I'm selling a 180 rear wheel with a used Dunlop tire that I've had as a spare. Unfortunately the tire is from 2004 and no local shops will mount it on my bike. The wheel itself is in great condition and I had just polished it up to be mounted on my bike. The wheel bearings do need to be replaced and as you can see by the picture the rotor is also included. The picture I snapped of the tread shows what looks like a gash in the tire but it is no deeper than the tread. I would still like to add this should be used as an emergency or burnout tire and not for daily use.
The price does include shipping in the continental U.S. Payment can be sent via PayPal.
QUOTE]

Maybe I am just new but... why won't a shop mount the wheel? Is there a problem with the wheel that I just don't understand?

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will not mount the tire because it is older than 5 years, no problem with the wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just recieved the wheel. Experty wrapped and arrived in as advertised condition. Now to call and set up an appoinment for new bearings and having my Avon Cobra mounted and balanced.

Thanks for the great deal. It now looks like I will be pulling the front wheel over the winter and polishing it... :)

R/

Frat

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I appreciate being able to hook you up. I used never dull after using the mini power ball with Harley metal polish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was gonna ask what you used to polish it. Thanks.

Just got off the phone with Outer Banks H/D service department..... they want 150 in labor to remove tire, mount and balance new tire, and install new bearings. That DOES NOT include the cost of the bearings....

I will be doing the install back on the bike....

Ouch.....

R/

Frat

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the used rear wheel,, did you use the stock brake rotor. If no I need a rear rotor. Please reply if want to sell etc. condition etc. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts