Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2009 DX for a year and a half and have put 9000 miles on it.

I really enjoy the bike but I had to change the pipes as stock was just too quiet. It's making great power and I love it.

I haven't had as bad issues with the gas gauge as I have read on this forum. It has stuck a few times but generally has been accurate. That being said, I'm from the old school pre gas gauge era and I always reset the trip meter and rely on that.

I have the same issues with the clutch fluid messing up the finish on the resevior. I will get it replaced before warranty runs out.

My rear tire is ready to be replaced and I ordered the avon cobra 250.

Love the bike and been on at least three 4 hour trips on it. Twice to Daytona and once to Key west. It's not been a bad ride on log trips at 80+ mph.

I have really no complaints on the bike.

·
Allstate Agent
152 Posts
Very nice!

I have a '11 DX Sedona Orange and love the bike as well. I put the V&H Black Widows with SE airfilter and race tuner. Bike runs strong. Where abouts in Miami? I'm in Davie and ride a lot.

Do you know any local shops that can do the 1000 mile service that don't charge an arm and leg for it???

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Nice :)

I've had my 09 DX for 2 years now and got almost 21,000 km on it. I've taken some long ass trips and must say that it's not the most comfortable bike for long distance touring, but otherwise I love it!

No problems with the bike so far except a broken fork lock right at the start which got replaced under warranty. Resevoirs not leaking either so I guess I'm lucky. Already replaced the tires with Avon's and they are far superior to the Dunlop's.

My warranty will be up in April...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
jonnywalker get a service manual and do it yourself. use the search function and look up the service on here. oh and switch up to amsoil. the $50 for the service manual will be the best money that you will spend on your bike. was for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice!

I have a '11 DX Sedona Orange and love the bike as well. I put the V&H Black Widows with SE airfilter and race tuner. Bike runs strong. Where abouts in Miami? I'm in Davie and ride a lot.

Do you know any local shops that can do the 1000 mile service that don't charge an arm and leg for it???
I just took it to the dealer to do my service. Didn't want to hassle in case of a warranty claim. I live in the Kendall area of Miami, but I know broward county pretty well as I lived in FT Lauderdale in the past.

Are you going to go on the Fire fighters run on March 20th? It starts off at the Eldo room on Lauderdale beach and heads to the quartedeck.

I love the orange on your bike. I'd love to see it. I also ride alot. I'm going to try and make the Fire fighters run.

·
Registered
962 Posts
2008 DX

gas guage failed at 14k on mine !

head gasket 3k
oil pipe 6k
rear wheel bearing 4k
complete swingarm 5k
forks leaking 10k
02 sensors 12k
headstock bearing 14k

and cosmetic stuff like res caps etc....

loads of long trips no comfy really but great bike all the same just wish build quality was better !

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
How to link videos in my Sig.

Change oil and lots more

Good Luck Do it yourself.

Learn the bike you ride.

Harley will make a mechanic out of you.

rsc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts