Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of people do the Buell conversion and such but if I could get Dymag to do a 17" wheel, there should be no complication with the exception of fender height correct? They already my the 18" and 19" for the front and rear or vice versa but if there are no issue I may check into getting 17's made, still using all stock components. What do you guys think.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think Kosman makes them for the Destroyer already. I know my buddy just bought carbon fiber wheels for his CBR 1000RR, so all you should really need is spacers and an adapter for the pulley to keep it belt drive.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bproulxvrod said:
I may be wrong, but I think Kosman makes them for the Destroyer already. I know my buddy just bought carbon fiber wheels for his CBR 1000RR, so all you should really need is spacers and an adapter for the pulley to keep it belt drive.

Thanks I just went to Kosman's site and they make the 18" and 17" for the rod but I wonder why they didn't go 17 and 17, there are a whole lot more tire chooses out there for a 17 if I remember correctly. Looks like Dymag only makes the 19" and 18" and pricing would probably be the same if not more.

Thanks again though may need to re-evaluate my options.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
gsxrdoug said:
Thanks I just went to Kosman's site and they make the 18" and 17" for the rod but I wonder why they didn't go 17 and 17, there are a whole lot more tire chooses out there for a 17 if I remember correctly. Looks like Dymag only makes the 19" and 18" and pricing would probably be the same if not more.

A little birdie from Windsor, CA told me that something is in the works for CF wheels, if and only "IF" everything falls into place.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
Yep, I posted a thread about that a month or so ago.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o2man98 said:
A little birdie from Windsor, CA told me that something is in the works for CF wheels, if and only "IF" everything falls into place.

I'll have to keep my ears open and watch for a little while. Thanks Guys.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
gsxrdoug said:

I've got 3 set's of 17/17's from Sanford:deal: !

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts