Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now I want to do the kosman wheels and brembo deal I have my spot in line.and it is time for the depoist.My only hesitation is tire size can anybody tell me the overall change in dia. from change to 17" wheels say a 120/17 front and a 190/17 rear verse the stock 120/19 front and the 180/18 rear? I have a custom front fender that would not be easy to lower to huge the wheel and also worried about ride height if these are to small and would lower the bike say 3/4" or more?

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheatin are you shore? I rode with brain aka (bproulxvrod) his bike is awesome but the front tire looks like it is 3" smaller I should have brought a tape measure with me but i forgot.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Post a pic of your custom fender please. If you look at mine I just moved it to the lower bolt hole and I'm running with just one bolt per side no issues. I have air ride so i adjust the air ride to ride height when I ride them slam it down when parked or cruising. If you don't have air ride how long are your rear shocks and do you have the front lowered?

·
Who Wants A Beer?
598 Posts
120/70-19 3.3in 12.8in 25.6in 80.5in 787 0.0%
110/70-17 3.0in 11.5in 23.1in 72.5in 874 -10.0%

180/55-18 3.9in 12.9in 25.8in 81.0in 782 0.0%
190/55-17 4.1in 12.6in 25.2in 79.3in 799 -2.2%

The diameter is the 3rd column. I don't know what the profile of the 17 is, but if it is the same as the stock size then this is what I found on the calculator.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
smoothrod said:
Post a pic of your custom fender please. If you look at mine I just moved it to the lower bolt hole and I'm running with just one bolt per side no issues. I have air ride so i adjust the air ride to ride height when I ride them slam it down when parked or cruising. If you don't have air ride how long are your rear shocks and do you have the front lowered?
That's what I did when I ran a fender on my front.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's a couple of pics it is hard to see but the mounts are molded to the fender and blend into the fork slide so just lowering the fender would look really bad What is the biggest 17" front tire that is still a sport tire that anybody knows about? the biggest I have found is a dunlop at 23.80" that 2" smaller.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Ah, I see your delima Jeff. Sorry I don't know if there's a bigger tire other than that.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Man that sucks. There will be a very large gap if you don't lower it. You could always have someone cut the lower half off. Either that or have a regular front fender painted to match your set.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Jeff,
Like I said yesterday it's no big deal to take my front wheel off. Let me know if you want to try it out. Sounds like rain most of this weekend anyways so I can just take it off and bring it down to you.

Bryan

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bryan
I would love to try that I really like that setup
If I had to I could make another fender If you would pm me your phone number and we can set this up for a test fit.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smoothrod said:
Man that sucks. There will be a very large gap if you don't lower it. You could always have someone cut the lower half off. Either that or have a regular front fender painted to match your set.
thanks smooth I can always make another fender and match the paint I have always hated the chrome bracket which was the resume I made this fender.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts