Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been researching installing some 17 inch rims and to lighten up my 2004, It will open up a bunch of sport touring and really sticky Sport tires and going this route should compliment my Suspension choice. Wilbers type 633 TS that I removed from my Moto Guzzi before being sold, Sent them out to Cogent suspension for a rebuild and ordered cartridges for the front. Now before I’m flamed for trying to make the V Rod handle like a sport bike that’s not my intentions but improving the platform is my goal. I realized when I first got my v Rod two years ago I had all kinds of plans of building a fire breathing beast but decided to hold off to see what Harley was going to offer based on there new Motor and it looks like the Custom 1250 is more of a Dud with its single disc and tractor tire and pretty sure that motor will be tuned at maybe a little bit over 100,there going after the Indian Scout. So I’m back to improving what I have. Realized I just wrote a book 😂 Back to my Question 17 inch and gearing & Speedo calibration is it doable? Pretty sure I have a 28 front but never checked the bike was built in 10/03 so might be 30 since I thought it was 2004 year production that got the lower gearing. So hoping in the next month to start tearing into it considering since she has about eighty 1/4 mile passes my rear mounts are so tweaked the rear heat shield rubs the frame under full throttle

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts