Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to the forum and was hoping to get some assistance with tuning if possible. I flashed my ECM using the closest map I could find on Dynojet's website (12V076000402) and although I haven't had any problems I'm still getting a decent amount of decel popping. If anyone has the same or similar setup and could offer some assistance or wouldn't mind sharing their map I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
You need to actually tune that cal. It's just an auto generated version from the stock improved. Without going through a long process and you are happy with how it runs otherwise, set up the PV screen to view TPS, KPA and RPM. On the next ride do a Start Log and note where on the screen the popping is happening. View the log in Excel and match up the area of popping in the data. Drop the afr values .2 from the highest RPM point of popping all the way to the left in the cal. Most likely, you are set to 14.6 currently. You might end up in the 13.5 afr to stop it in areas of 20kpa and down. Keep in mind, no autotune version in PV is capable of doing this due to it's minimum kpa ability in the software. These decel pop areas are strictly a manual edit to the cal process.

Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is super helpful, Ron! Really appreciate the reply. I'll tinker along the lines you've described and report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts