Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running the 16 gauge Screaming Eagle Pipes with the baffles out ?
I had the bike dyno tuned with the baffles in, but the exhaust is too quiet with them in. I took the baffles out, Wow did it get loud ! The only problem is that it has a bog at part throttle. At full throttle it is a monster. I'm sure with the baffles out the bog is a lean condition. I have the race commander for the bike, and my question is can it be tuned with the baffles out and get rid of the bog. I'd imagine it could just have the a/f mixture richened up to get rid of it. Any thoughts ?

·
a.k.a Mark
85 Posts
What kind of numbers did you get with the baffles in? I was curious as I just installed the 16 gauge Screaming Eagle Pipes myself (baffles in). I had a power commander installed using the baseline map for these pipes but just removed it to see if there was any difference. Are you using a race commander or power commander?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the race tuner. It dyno'd out at only 105.7 hp and 69.8 torque with the baffles in. That's with the air filter top removed too.

·
a.k.a Mark
85 Posts
Sorry I'm not answering what your original post was about but since you have the same setup I have, I have questions.

How many or what kind of maps did the race tuner come with for the VROD?
Why does the HD catalog say the Race Tuner has to be installed by the dealer?

I am running the Power Commander with the baseline map for the 16 Gauge exhaust and running topless and my Rod runs very good. When I can find the time I want to take it in and get the base map tweaked. They also offer a baseline map for the same exhaust without baffles. I was just wondering what gains I would get with the Race Tuner.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts