Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why not do an upgrade? just make sure whoever does it knows what they are doing, and get it tuned by a competent tuner. And I know plenty of people will try to talk you out of it, but if you have the cash yeah id do all the mods plus a V&H or Fitzgerald ground pounder or at least a dan moto pipe. these bikes need much bigger pipes than stock.
It is currently sitting topless with a k&n air filter(custom airbox cover with better air vents, matching fenders that dont matter for this reply but figured id mention)

V&H 2to1
PCIII Dynotuned after the exhaust/topless mod

Is there a reason going into stage 2 isnt a good idea?

I absolutely love the bike..its quick, sounds insane, drives well(need a new back tire from too many quick launches this last season)

I just like making great better in the hobbies i do and figure if I can put a couple grand into getting 20ish more horsepower / a bit more torque...it would make the bike that much more fun to drive around?

I guess my main concern is longevity of the bike running given engine wise it is basically stock with a couple little mods and a tune to bump the stock numbers up a bit.

I wanna keep this bike for a long time(50k miles would be amazing..i only put a couple grand on a year and mainly for quick fast rides around town at night after work and the family is asleep)...i figure that is a good many years if the habit stays the sameish...if going into the second stage of getting more performance out of this bike would drop that number to under 30k miles(with good maintenance/service when or before the book suggests) I would definitely reconsider.

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and if you can, call Jones cams and buy a set of his if he still has cores, they have a wider base circle and are supposed to be easier on the valve train. They definitely look to be high quality, I just recently got a set of STG.III cams they look great and are made from billet steel instead of cast like the factory cores.
I sent an email seeing what they suggest.

Thank you for the tip

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and if you can, call Jones cams and buy a set of his if he still has cores, they have a wider base circle and are supposed to be easier on the valve train. They definitely look to be high quality, I just recently got a set of STG.III cams they look great and are made from billet steel instead of cast like the factory cores.
delete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.