Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Lou, are you going to have it tuned or are you going to tune it? The reason I ask is if you're going to have it done, go talk to the dyno guy before you do anything else, see how much experience he has with the PCIII.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I would be taking it somewhere to get professionally done. The guy that did it last time did a great job and gets recommended by lots of people. But that is going to cost me another $250 to get done. It all adds up. If installing the cams, do you need any other additional add-ons (rods, etc.)??

·
08 NIGHTROD SPECIAL
2 Posts
where would you get this?

If you're going to have the valve lash check done, toss in a set of the new SE Stage II Cams and get a tune. It's well worth the additional investment IMHO, at least if you already have a tuner of some sort. There is very little if any extra labor involved.

They are a REAL kick in the pants Lou.[/Q

I`m new on working on my bike where would I get the se stage 2 cams I am going to the dealer because my values covers are leaking and I have extended warranty.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
My B just turned 25k..haven't touched the cams..runs great. My local stealer quoted me $600..$90 an hour...six hours..EF THAT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m getting the 15k service cost is $500 (just moved to arizona from Ohio). unfortunately Not handy enough to do beyond basics, the new cam idea is interesting.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts