Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Find some time to go forward with building the engine.
Installed the heads with M12 inconel studs and cams with clamping cone, so I am able to create every cam timing I want.
Hope to find out how it works within the next weeks.

Attachments

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Whoa Nellie. This is going to be some motor.

·
New Zealand
122 Posts
Outstanding work! Very inspiring to start the next reincarnation of 'Bad V' down here in New Zealand with fellow German bike builder, Mike Scwheen from House of Custom. We have a lot more to learn:notworth:

·
Autobanmod
9,869 Posts
There is so much amazing stuff in this bike and engine, much much more than what one can see in these photos.
I can confirm first hand that Carsten truly is a master engineer and top machinist. He has access to first class resources and excellent relationships. There hardly are limits.
His approach to the project is more than whole hearted and the result is unmatched. There is still some work ahead but I have no doubt that he will achieve his goal to build a "real 300 HP" custom bike show winner.
Thank you for sharing your progress with us and good luck with what is left ahead!
:plause:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you for the flowers!
The engine runs today but I have to completely reset idle control.
If I set the idle stop screw to control idle it runs rough at 1800 1/min.

Is there anyone out there using a DTT in combination with destroyer cams?

·
Exemplary Asshole
1,063 Posts
If DTT has idle set accordingly...

Warm engine, turn idle stop screw ( back right side of throttle body vertical screw ) out to lower RPM, turn off kill switch let IAC finish movement, kill power. Turn power back on, verify TPS voltage adjust as needed ( at the sensor ) Start bike, check idle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
OK. I gotta ask......Will this "kit" be available for sale in the near future?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts