Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 1350. I really do. But I also need a project and the next logical step is 3/8 stroker crank to replace the 1/4. I'll bet I can find a good home for the pistons and crank in her now.

I just need pistons, the crank and maybe some bigger cams (.500/.480's).

Can I get it done for $1,500 (turning my own wrenches of course)?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Ed, you can reuse the CP 1350 pistons with the shorter rods you can get from Falicon. This is what is in mine. Falicon 81mm (3/8), K1 -0.062 rods and CP M5078 pistons.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I can reuse my pistons - but - I still need the crank and I'm not sure which is cheaper - the pistons or the rods. Did you buy through Scott or go direct to Falicon somehow? And is the 3/8" crank really 2,000 freaking dollars?????

And finally - is Jones still making vrod cams?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Yes I can reuse my pistons - but - I still need the crank and I'm not sure which is cheaper - the pistons or the rods. Did you buy through Scott or go direct to Falicon somehow? And is the 3/8" crank really 2,000 freaking dollars?????

And finally - is Jones still making vrod cams?

Rods and pistons are going to be close to the same price. I got mine directly through Falicon in a once-in-a-lifetime deal. That crank and my build is what got them to produce additional in that size. For the best deal now you should go through Scott. He did a group buy last year on them and the rods for it.

Could not tell you about Jones. He has not answered a phone call from me in a couple years. As far as I know, he has no more cam blanks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody out there do the 3/8 stroker group buy and get cold feet? I can help you out.....

Without Jones as a cam supplier, that leaves Zippers and MegaCycles?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Anybody out there do the 3/8 stroker group buy and get cold feet? I can help you out.....

Without Jones as a cam supplier, that leaves Zippers and MegaCycles?
Zippers cams were made by Jones and I bought their last sets of 500/460 cams. 1 for me and 1 for Kevin.

You may be able to have Mike regrind a set of Stage II cams to his profile or just run the Stage II's.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang it Ken! You have bought up everything I need! Again.

Guess I'll just have to find a set of Destroyer heads and cams. Hee hee.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Guess I'll just have to find a set of Destroyer heads and cams. Hee hee.
Don't do that if you want the bike to remain streetable. The Destroyer heads/cams can make big power, but it's all way way up at high rpms.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Destroyer cam profile is pretty radical isn't it? .560//505 or so. Probably is too much for the street.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I can get you a 3/8" crank and Megacycle cams! Call me!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will have a 1/4 stroke crank if and when I get the 3/8......

6K miles or so, only to church and back.

Guess I need to call Scott.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts