53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would drop pics of my 2nd vrod bagger I recently built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really like it. I just sold my RoadGlide and would have loved to have that engine in it. Nice job.
Trying to sell my 02 roadrod to get a real RG lol !

Wife wants tour pack / I want bigger bike if I am going 2 up

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well done!!!!!
Curious, how much tied up in the conversion. And what bags / fairing? HD?
Bags are cheap-$250 eBay Hd knockoffs

Fairing basics and mount without stereo ~700 most all off amazon except mount

Just added a marine amp and speakers running Bluetooth- another 100$

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for sharing that rear shot of your bike Keith. As soon as the DMV report comes back, I'll be over to snag that out of your garage for you. I'm tired of seeing my 401K project sitting in the garage. I can just get on yours and go.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for sharing that rear shot of your bike Keith. As soon as the DMV report comes back, I'll be over to snag that out of your garage for you. I'm tired of seeing my 401K project sitting in the garage. I can just get on yours and go.
Well if it’s not you it will be one of the other 500 people on the road that can see the license plate. /shrug

it’s insured for more than I have into it. It’s really not that fancy - not like it’s a 50k $ bike

Think the whole LP block from internet might just be a bit overstated.

The real issue is for anyone coming in my garage ..... they will have other things to worry about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome job! I’m looking into doing the same thing to my ‘13 Muscle. I just test rode a Road Glide (107) today... I love the comfort and the tech... but I know I’d miss the performance of the Revolution engine... not to mention the ~30k to get the more powerful 114 model. The price tag on 117 CVO is not even an option for me. I figure a Road Rod would offer a decent compromise for me. Where did you shop for your mounts for the fairing and bags? I’ve seen some mention of Cyclevisions on other posts... but didn’t have any luck finding anything when I browsed their online inventory. Would you be willing to post your shopping list/links of the parts you used for this project? Did you do all the work yourself? I’m probably gonna have to take mine to a shop to get mine converted... Oil Changes and simple bolt on parts are about the extent of my mechanical abilities.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome job! I’m looking into doing the same thing to my ‘13 Muscle. I just test rode a Road Glide (107) today... I love the comfort and the tech... but I know I’d miss the performance of the Revolution engine... not to mention the ~30k to get the more powerful 114 model. The price tag on 117 CVO is not even an option for me. I figure a Road Rod would offer a decent compromise for me. Where did you shop for your mounts for the fairing and bags? I’ve seen some mention of Cyclevisions on other posts... but didn’t have any luck finding anything when I browsed their online inventory. Would you be willing to post your shopping list/links of the parts you used for this project? Did you do all the work yourself? I’m probably gonna have to take mine to a shop to get mine converted... Oil Changes and simple bolt on parts are about the extent of my mechanical abilities.
that’s why I did mine!

Bags are simple and cheap -250$ all in

Fairing is a bit more in depth

If u are on FB I have a few “write up” posts on both the bags and fairing

(Would be a serious pain to explain w/o pics and the 1 picture per post limit hurts here)

Find me in the vrod bagger group on FB I will link you everything

·
Registered
2 Posts
that’s why I did mine!

Bags are simple and cheap -250$ all in

Fairing is a bit more in depth

If u are on FB I have a few “write up” posts on both the bags and fairing

(Would be a serious pain to explain w/o pics and the 1 picture per post limit hurts here)

Find me in the vrod bagger group on FB I will link you everything

Done! I just joined the group. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts