Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the low profile HD shocks on my 03A that lower it about an inch. Id like to go a tad lower and get a better shock too. How does the Progressive 440 12in shocks complare to the low profile shocks from HD in ride height. How do the progressive 440s do riding 2 up without the HD springs?
Thanks!

·
VRSCDX Comuter
392 Posts
The 440s handles well on solo riding. Two up is different...the shocks will not bottom out or anything but you will scrape. Riding with a 70kg passenger is no problem if you take the easy lane...tried once with a 90kg passenger and I was scraping in every corner...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im 180 and the passenger is 135. They must sit lower than the HD low profiles then. Ill scrape a peg now and then if Im not careful but thats about it. I think I could still go a little lower.....all depends on riding styles I guess.

With a passenger I dont get too crazy but I think Ive still bottomed out once or twice but not real bad. I just think the ride kinda stinks with what I got. I dont think the 412s would be much better than what I have but thinking the 440s would be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts