Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this bike since it was new in 2002. It has 12,000 original miles on the odometer. It has never been down, never been in a wreck and has been meticulously upgraded and maintained.

I'm selling my V-Glide because I have too many bikes in the stable and it's time for a change.

Here are all of the details ...

Awards:
O’reilly World Of Wheels Show January 2009
Best bike in class.
Best bike in show.
Best first time overall vehicle in the show.
Chattanooga Charlie award.

Cosmetic Additions:
Custom "Memphis Belle" paint job by Kenny Reynolds of Chattanooga TN.
Performance Machine custom wheels with matching brake rotors and rear sprocket.
Custom front and rear fiberglass fenders.
HD chrome swing arm.
Custom fiberglass hard bags.
HD hard bag lids and hardware.
HD Street Glide fairing with a complete set of gauges and upgraded Kenwood stereo with Sirius satellite radio and MP3/WMA capable.
6” semi-transparent tinted windshield.
HD passing lamps and front turn signals.
HD chrome lower forks.
HD matching chrome grips, floorboards and passenger pegs.
HD chrome brake and clutch levers.
HD adjustable highway pegs.
Chrome covers for virtually every fastener on the bike.

Mechanical Additions:
Progressive front springs.
Progressive 440 rear shocks.
200mm Avon rear tire with less than 3,000 miles on it.
Avon front tire with less than 3000 miles on it.
5 gallon gas tank.
Lyndall Z-Plus brake pads.

Power Plant & Drive Train Additions:
K&N air filter.
Dyno tuned Power Commander III.
Bassani 2 into 1 exhaust pipe.

Miscellaneous Notes:
Over $90k invested in this bike - including original purchase, parts to build and labor.
125 horsepower at the rear wheel.
All fluids changed every 2000 miles.
New battery July 2010.
Battery tender hook-up.
HD V-Rod touring seat with excellent rider back support.
Florida title free and clear with no liens.

Reason For Selling:
Too many bikes in the stable and it’s time for a change. Make an offer.

My name is Chris and I can be reached at 386.341.1788, or by email at [email protected].

Cheers,
Speed

Attachments

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
What's been done internally to the engine to make that kind of power?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Starrzzz here is your dream bike...........:hidesbeh:

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
price?

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
What's been done internally to the engine to make that kind of power?
If I were guessing, a K&N, exhaust, topless, and a happy dyno.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Over $90k invested in this bike - including original purchase, parts to build and labor.
125 horsepower at the rear wheel.

Wow ... good luck

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
I think it's beautifully done, just the HP rating is a little optimistic based upon what's mentioned.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Well no price just offers, Ill give you $1000

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
$500 I'm broke.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
It is beautiful, and Starrrrz needs it, badly. She has lusted after it for years. That said, 90K is beyond insane. How in the world could you rack up a bill like that? All the parts listed, new, and installed at a dealer would not be half that! Trouble is, 2002 VRODS don't fetch much. Show winners, like this one, are an exception, but plan on losing a few bucks on the sale. I had the exact same engine mods, and I got 109hp on several dynos. Good luck on the sale. Me, I would keep it. It was a labor of love, and it shows. Ride the thing! Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to be clear the bike is a 2003 model year purchased new in 2002.

The total of $90k invested includes the initial acquisition of the bike, plus all of the parts and labor. The custom cut airplane style wheels, rotors and rear pulley from Performance Machine were over $15k by themselves. Every single rivet is hand painted on the bike - the paint job was $10k. It took many months of labor to build this bike - virtually everything is custom on it from a bodywork perspective. Time is money. Go to Harley and price out building an entire batwing fairing buying it in individual parts, plus handlebars and everything that goes with them.

Of course that doesn't include things like custom fenders with full hand made fillers, multiple parts sent out to be chromed and so on. It doesn't take long to rack up a number like $90k when building a one off bike like this. Especially when you consider the entire bike was re-wired front to back to match the wiring of a standard FLHT, so in the future if anybody works on it they can consult a shop manual for a bagger and not be lost in the dark.

The dyno time and tuning was done by Wayne Hanson from Speed's Performance Plus - no relation to me by the way. :)

I fully expect the bike to sell for much less than what I have spent on it, but as you can tell from the mileage it barely gets ridden. With 6 bikes in the garage it's time for this one to go to someone who will use it.

As far as an asking price is concerned I am willing to entertain offers in the $40k range.

Cheers,
Speed

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
Ok, I'm not trying to be mean or rude here, but my eyes got quite large just now seeing $40K. I know you said you invested $90K but that is quite a large sum of money there.

This guy here has not been able to get bids over $21K if I remember correctly and I think this is a great looking bike - plus it is an SE2.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-VRSCSE2-SHOW-BIKE-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-V-ROD-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-SHOW-BIKE-BAGGER-/170515615592?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27b385cf68

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Each to their own, but I personally think those VRod/Road Glide packages are ugly and poorly built. That's why I built a VRod bagger with a Street Glide look, which from an builders perspective is a totally different kettle of fish.

Regardless, I'm not here to argue with people about the merits of building, or selling such a bike. I spent $90k and I'm entertaining offers in the $40k range from the select group of people who are willing and able to pay that kind of money for a truly special one off liquid cooled Harley.

Cheers,
Speed

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Regardless, I'm not here to argue with people about the merits of building, or selling such a bike. I spent $90k and I'm entertaining offers in the $40k range from the select group of people who are willing and able to pay that kind of money for a truly special one off liquid cooled Harley.
Nicely put and best of luck with the sale of a truely unique ride!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts