Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there ridden both the SE versions of these engines? I am wondering how good the acceleration is on the 110" engine they are putting on the SE versions of the CVO's compared to the 1250 I had on my SE2. Cant' find a dealer that will let me test the 110. I was looking at the Springer SE. Also, any info on what the '07 SE Springers are actually selling for would be appreciated. Gosh I hate having to decide on what to buy!!! :banghead:

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
My buddy has a 2007 110 CVO Dyna and he let me tried it. VROD has a faster acceleration.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Falconfire said:
Has anyone out there ridden both the SE versions of these engines? I am wondering how good the acceleration is on the 110" engine they are putting on the SE versions of the CVO's compared to the 1250 I had on my SE2. Cant' find a dealer that will let me test the 110. I was looking at the Springer SE. Also, any info on what the '07 SE Springers are actually selling for would be appreciated. Gosh I hate having to decide on what to buy!!! :banghead:

I have ridden a Softail Springer CVO (2007) with the 110 for about 250 miles - quick but does not compare with my SE2!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
My 03 V ROD easily handles my buddy's 07 Road King. And usually i have the ol' lady on the back!!!!:stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
At Red Rock Harley in Vegas during a demo days I rode a Springer Softtail CVO, sweet bike would really enjoy that as a city friend, bar hopper. Great torque and low rpm response, still the rods felt more responsive in the throtlle.
Choice if possible, BOTH.

David

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
No contest! The 110 does have loads of immediate torque, but it quickly flattens. You can easily wake up the 110 with mapping, cams, exhaust and some air to make some impressive numbers but the V still takes it. I ride both all the time side by side.

·
Registered
591 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
No contest! The 110 does have loads of immediate torque, but it quickly flattens. You can easily wake up the 110 with mapping, cams, exhaust and some air to make some impressive numbers but the V still takes it. I ride both all the time side by side.
The inside scoop from the Man himself!:notworth: Now I've gotta find me a 110" to race for P*I*N*K*S! :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have a 2007 CVO Springer Now, The 110 is a great motor, I had a 2003 Vrod, My Vrod in speed would eat it for lunch, But this has alot of low end. If you need speed buy a Vrod.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Domvrodder said:
I have a 2007 CVO Springer Now, The 110 is a great motor, I had a 2003 Vrod, My Vrod in speed would eat it for lunch, But this has alot of low end. If you need speed buy a Vrod.
That Springer is an awesome bike, Dom! I wish I could own both and have the best of both worlds. I'd love to have an '08 FatBob with a 110" upgrade!:notworth:

Mike

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got both a 1250 V-Rod (2003) and a Classic with a Jim's 120 (2006).
The dresser pulls like a train. It takes a good V-Rod rider to blow it off, but the V-Rod is faster at the end of the day (if you keep it revved high and don't hit the limiter).

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vrodcustoms said:
Geez, now you got me thinking of selling my house to buy 2 Harleys! Wonder how the wife would take that??? :bolt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts