Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Lawn Dart
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it dyno'd today at Cave Creek Bike week. Great results. Ill post sheet up later

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
2002 1130 cc Race Tuner canned map, screamin Eagle exhaust, with K & N air filter.

109 hp.

Add 100 cc and you have 120hp, sounds about right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got similar numbers. My concern is that I recently unplugged the battery and my bike doesnt feel as fast. Do you think that the powercommander V reset back to factory?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
2002 1130 cc Race Tuner canned map, screamin Eagle exhaust, with K & N air filter.

109 hp.

Add 100 cc and you have 120hp, sounds about right.
Doesn't quite work that way on the drum. The larger tire eats up any extra hp the extra cc's give you. Next to no real gain between them stock vs stock

Ron

·
Lawn Dart
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no idea what the PO has done to the engine. Its 09, Tab, Tuner, topless, Never stops pulling, near perfect AF ratio through all the gears. No kicking when I lug it. If you are member of V-rod owners on facebook then you can see the dyno sheet. I don't have membership to a hosting site. IM and Ill email you a copy.

regardless of that its fast. Other being dyno'd and bikes from trask and other were hitting the promised hp from builders. So for you tweeking about corrections factors and happy dyno's there is not pleasing you I get it.
Ill likely have Trask dyno it later as I have some add-ons I plan this summer.

If you are in Phoenix and want to hit a dyno together let me know. It is what it is.

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts

Nice numbers.
I have power commander 3, v&h 2into1 comp. exhaust, topless k&n air filter.

I put 128.22 hp on the dyno with 90.19 lbs toque to the 240 rear tire.

The thing pulls.

·
VRSCF
1,289 Posts
wow...so you have around 145bhp at the crank without new cams ......

as they say, happy dyno = happy customer :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got a 2012 Nightrod Special in Malaysia. Running topless, Power Commander V, V&H 2-1 Competition series and got almost identical results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
More like 135 hp at the crank if you assume 10-12% loss with a belt. That said, my bike dyno'd almost identically and it goes like stink!

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,633 Posts
I wonder what's wrong with my 06 R? It ran 120 on the dyno and is the slowest bike I've owned since my 79 CB400 Hawk. Still love it though.

OK I stretched the truth a bit. My yz80 powered YSR50 was slower in a straight line and I had a 696 Ducati Monster for a couple months until I realized people were laughing at me and not with me. It was also slower in a straight line.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
REALLY happy dyno!!!!:angeldev:
It's also standard smoothing. These numbers are always higher. The only ones that are accurate are SAE smoothed. Now don't get me wrong, the numbers are good but unless they are SAE smoothed it's not accurate when comparing one dyno to another. Apples and oranges . SAE smoothed is the true standard for measuring and it is almost always a lower number.
Ron

1 - 20 of 40 Posts