Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, got my DX... integrated the rear turn signals into a one piece smoked rear tail light from V-mod, also put on some Tab pipes and the race turner/air filter. Even put some cool Arlen Ness black side mirrors on...

I "was" going to put some LED lights on the bike... dont get me wrong, maybe if I lived in California... but up here in the North Georgia mountains, LED's are considered pretty "ghetto" or "pimp"... so I've decided not to go with the lights.

A $5000 turbo is too much money, my pockets arent 'that' deep... none the less, I've got $1200 bucks to blow...

I was thinking about a JE Illusions Custom Air Box in Denim with Vivid stripes... or again, the Boss-Noss 50 shot system...

Considering the other mods I've already done, What would you do with $1200 bucks to invest in your DX?

I know that at some point I want to bump the rear tire to a 260 (assuming a 260 will fit on the stock DX rim)...

Any other suggestions? I've already got a Garmin GPS Street Pilot that I can put on the bike... I just need the correct mount.

I'm also open to the idea of doing some internal engine mods that you cant readily see.

$1200 bucks isnt much, but its nothing to sneeze at either...

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Heavycycles taillight comes to mind
never mind, read it better

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Send it to me!

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
AirFx Air shocks

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Save it for another bike!!

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Do you still have stock tires? Metz

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
skull valve stem covers and a plane ticket to bora bora

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
smoothrod said:
CFR series one swing arm.
that would be my chioce but it wont fit an 07

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
i would have to say air ride

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I "was" going to put some LED lights on the bike... dont get me wrong, maybe if I lived in California... but up here in the North Georgia mountains, LED's are considered pretty "ghetto" or "pimp"...
So in other words it is ok to have the "ghetto pimp" look if you live in California? :stilpoke:

Well, ok, can't argue with that :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Air Shocks by far (AirFX is my preference). If not you should be able to get both the 260 and JE box w/ paint for the $1200.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
JE air box

Mark check out my JE air box,gauge type,flat black with gost flames,$595.00 box only paint yourself.v-guage 600.00
Mark Ducati said:
Okay guys, got my DX... integrated the rear turn signals into a one piece smoked rear tail light from V-mod, also put on some Tab pipes and the race turner/air filter. Even put some cool Arlen Ness black side mirrors on...

I "was" going to put some LED lights on the bike... dont get me wrong, maybe if I lived in California... but up here in the North Georgia mountains, LED's are considered pretty "ghetto" or "pimp"... so I've decided not to go with the lights.

A $5000 turbo is too much money, my pockets arent 'that' deep... none the less, I've got $1200 bucks to blow...

I was thinking about a JE Illusions Custom Air Box in Denim with Vivid stripes... or again, the Boss-Noss 50 shot system...

Considering the other mods I've already done, What would you do with $1200 bucks to invest in your DX?

I know that at some point I want to bump the rear tire to a 260 (assuming a 260 will fit on the stock DX rim)...

Any other suggestions? I've already got a Garmin GPS Street Pilot that I can put on the bike... I just need the correct mount.

I'm also open to the idea of doing some internal engine mods that you cant readily see.

$1200 bucks isnt much, but its nothing to sneeze at either...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts