·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks AOW,

thats similar to the other one i saw but it has a cop. I'm surprised i cant find one that has something on it to mount it to the bike. i did see a chrome one but it was about $90.00.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
what are you attempting to power up? If GPS, have you considered a hardwired GPS power supply?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the one I saw that I thought was $90.00. THere has to be one out there like that but not as fancy. did that one plug into the battery tender or does it wire right to the battery.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
I just got back from a 5k mile cross-country trip. I temporarily wired a weather-proof outlet like this with an inline fuse directly to the battery and zip tied it to the handlebars. Worked great and only cost about $10.

CIMG0076.jpg

To the right of the cluster you can see the GPS charger plugged in. Simple, yet effective.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
thats the one I saw that I thought was $90.00. THere has to be one out there like that but not as fancy. did that one plug into the battery tender or does it wire right to the battery.

It came with an adaptor if you wanted to hook it up to the tender if I remember correctly. There is a decent amount of chrome and aluminum on that plug and hence the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts