Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these seats have been discussed before, but it seems all those threads we're regarding the 1st Gen NRS.

I'm a pretty short guy. I'm 5'6" (on a good day) with a 31-inch in seam. I have a 2013 NRS and love the stock reach controls and handlebars. I test rode a 2008 NRS and was just too stretched out.

Well there's time I wish my seat would push me forward just a little more, so started looking at Reach seats.

I know the stock HD Reduced Reach pushes you forward about 1.5 inches. And someone said you sit lower in it? But I can't find anything about that on the HD website. Only that it pushes you forward.

Others have said that the Sundowner also pushes you forward like a Reach Seat, but again, the Harley website only talks about improved comfort. It doesn't say anything about pushing you forward or changing riding positions. It does LOOK thicker on the back rest, but not as thick as the Reach Seat. But it's also hard to tell in pics.

I haven't had any comfort issues with the stock seat, but also wouldn't be upset at an even MORE comfortable seat either.

Anyone with a 2012+ NRS have experience with either or both of these seats vs stock?

I'm just looking for answers on the 2012+ models, as they look completely different than the 1st Gen NRS, and I don't want to base my info on the older style seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr Orange, did you ever pull the trigger on either of these seats? I’d be interested in what you found out as I have the exact same questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the reduced reach seat. I'm 5'7" with a 29" inseam. Before the seat I was stretched out and tend to burn my leg on the exhaust. With the seat I'm in a more comfortable seating position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts