Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the bike back on Friday from the dealer (HD North Dallas/Allen) for its 12.5K service. It was in there less than 24 hrs. I am on a "100th Anniversary Lifetime Maintenance and Protection Plan", so I only paid for the Syn oil ($42). I mentioned the fuel tank recall (I never got a letter) and they said, "no prob" and performed it, no hesitation. The (non) cost of the 12.5K service was $199.00. I'm now even with the $1500 I paid for the combined lifetime tire / maintenance 'deal' when I bought the bike.
And Max, I do know they did the warranty work (rather than 'flat-rate' it), because they forget to put the cap on one of the cables under the rubber tank cover (I am guessing it is a california harness connection)? They also really changed the oil, because its clean - guess they figure I can check that!).
Whatever they do at 12.5, my gas mileage has improved (may be a coincidence, but I doubt it). I got 40mpg on my two weekend tanks, with no apparent change in drivability, vs about 36 before on the same type of driving. I did take it in 'topless'. Do you suppose they do some kind of re-tune, and tuning it topless would improve mileage??

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Nice, I wish my dealer had offered me the lifetime maintenance program, I would have snatched it up in a heart beat. I am going to do a poll on how many members have it or how many were offered it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts