Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok gurus ,ive been reading up on doing a 1177 and honestly the more i read the more my head spins and scares me

i want to buy a destroyer crank and cp pistons from scott on the group by , but read up on all the posts about clearances and :blahblah::blahblah:, can i get some informed answers please

i have or will have ported and polished heads with 1 mm oversized valves ,stage 2 cams ,can i get the destoyer crank and cp pistons to go together with no valve to piston clearance issues guarenteed ,if i was to do this ,i need it to be assembled there and then,circumstances allow no time for sending something back or waiting for a new part ,it needs to be plug and play ,when it happens if it happens at all ,in the mean time i will pm scott ,and see if i get an answer ,lol,

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Brett you will be OK with clearances and it is not that hard to check in the first place.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ,but what if i check it and the clearance is no good what do i do then,im sure i cant get the pockets machined in a hurry

·
Back in Black
2,584 Posts
Ken question here? What about oil jet clearances? Does the pistons help that? I know some grind and some don't on oil jets.
BWDS it is not machining just a little grinding. You can do it with a file. Ken and Scott are experts they may be able to help more after my questions.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Ken question here? What about oil jet clearances? Does the pistons help that? I know some grind and some don't on oil jets.
BWDS it is not machining just a little grinding. You can do it with a file. Ken and Scott are experts they may be able to help more after my questions.
You may have to buzz a little off the bottom of the oil jet. You can Dremel or file a LITTLE bit of material away at a time. It is not the bad. On the 1402 I had to also cut a ditch into the top of the oil jet for piston squirt clearance.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks ,also would i need to buy different colored bearings or is there a known color for the destroyer crank with cps and stock rods, are these bearing specific for the vrods or is there a chance the stealer would have all colors cos they are used in other models

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Brett I can buy all the bolts and bearings that you will need to be replaced to make this happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts