Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My first product for you folks was an easy one and was suggested by one of your own. I thought it would be cool to make something just for this group.

http://2fast4u2c.com/vrod.htm

I hope you all like and that you will buy them. It also is a great way to advertise your forum.

Thanks again, your Belt Guards are being manufactured as we speak. Special thanks to SawDawg for donating a belt guard for me to demension from. He will get the first one of course (FREE) and if he likes, I will put them on the VROD webpage on my site.

Thanks again to all,

Guy

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Very cool! You might consider some rear facing ones for people in states that require that. Looking forward to your other products!

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Nate552 said:
Very cool! You might consider some rear facing ones for people in states that require that. Looking forward to your other products!

Exactly, one with a bent tab will go perfect on the underside of the lower belt guard.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smoothrod said:
Exactly, one with a bent tab will go perfect on the underside of the lower belt guard.
You mean a bend to attach to the bolt that secures the shock to the swingarm and belt guard?

Can easily be done. Also, just stick it in your vise and give it a bend before you chrome it. 1 bend adds a couple bucks to each plate, sorry.

Nate552, I have to make 50 of them everytime I make a change. I made 25 of each of the items above. If you all buy some, maybe I could be persuaded to invest in other designs. Right now, I'm investing in the hope that you people will buy some of these. If you don't I can not continue to make products, it's a business thing.

Guy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you fill me in on how this mounts and works? I havent seen these before. Im assuming its a sidemount plate holder but it looks extremely small and has no holes drilled for the liscense plate. Just asking and sorry if its a redundant question.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Guy, I'm real glad your tryin some stuff for us guys :thumb: I know you can make many of us happy with some new products, I know the belt guards oughta be a hit, hopefully you can come out with a profit and we can get some cool sh*t!

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
2fast4u2c said:
You mean a bend to attach to the bolt that secures the shock to the swingarm and belt guard?Guy

No there is a bolt that holds the lower belt guard on that attaches to the underside of the swingarm.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry for a stupid question?

But what's an inspection plate for? Here in Georgia (USA), I'm not aware of what the purpose is for?

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
2fast4u2c said:
It's 3.5" X 3.5" and is a place to mount your inspection sticker from your state motor vehicles.
Nice, but no inspections in Florida.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
some states require a yearly inspection to make sure your vehicle is road worthy.. i think these would also work well for the military stickers you have to have on your bike

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
some states require a yearly inspection to make sure your vehicle is road worthy.. i think these would also work well for the military stickers you have to have on your bike
Different size...the military stickers are narrower and longer.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Inspection stickers here go on the license plate. Massachusetts.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, after making them for you folks, not 1 person has bought one. Oh well, this will be one of those items I shoulda listened to my gut instead of a board member. I have shelves full of stuff that people said they needed but no one bought. Then again, the belt guards are a great success story. So who knows, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

Guy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts