Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 2 VRods, a 2003 VRSCA and a 2005 VRSCA. I have enjoyed both tremendously. I have never driven a Screaming eagle with the bigger motor. Anyone out there who has driven both that can describe the difference in how power? Is it a considerable?

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Here's the rundown from MWT5 Dyno Shootout.
Not much of a difference IMHO.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Peak HP only.
Same Dyno, same day, apples to apples comparison.

...except mine. The dyno was obviously defective for that one.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
BB = Big Bore... case(s) bored out above 1250

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Here's the rundown from MWT5 Dyno Shootout.
Not much of a difference IMHO.

The only thing that could have made this picture better is if you had written all this down on a mustard stained McDonald's napkin :stilpoke:.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I've had 2 VRods, a 2003 VRSCA and a 2005 VRSCA. I have enjoyed both tremendously. I have never driven a Screaming eagle with the bigger motor. Anyone out there who has driven both that can describe the difference in how power? Is it a considerable?
First off,the SE engines are the same as the production 1250's,which is a damned shame Harley did this to us. 05 SE engine had cnc'd heads,and all the others are cast.The SE engines came on the 05SE,the 06SE2,and the 07X.The 08's and newer all came w 1250's without the SE tags.
I have an 03 1130 and an 07 1250.The hp from the 1130 is 109,the 1250 shows 115.There is a noticeable difference and it shows at the drag strip.The cams are different in the 1250 engines,along w the front sprocket and this is the largest difference at the drag strip.
On the street,the 1250 is very smooth,compared to the 1130.The 03 cams make this difference.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
The only thing that could have made this picture better is if you had written all this down on a mustard stained McDonald's napkin :stilpoke:.

it's the midwest....

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
it's the midwest....
Hey--that's all we could scare up at the HD dealership. That's grade-a Harley-Davidson cardboard. . probably only costs 2-3x what the normal stuff does :)

(My writing is awful too--my teachers always said I should have been a doctor)

Based on other dyno results with the same bikes in similar temperature conditions, that dyno runs about 7% under what most do.

Probably the best 1130-1250 comparison on that board is Deadeye's 1130 vs Rick's 1250.

Deadeye's D has a Rinehardt 2-1 pipe and I think Rick's had SE slip-fits, but both had very solid tunes. I believe *********'s bike had a Bub 7, which is pretty comparable to the Rinehardt.

·
"Vrod King"
938 Posts
I have both (see below). Mine may not be a good comparison. Both are on Buell wheels. The '02 has minor mods (re-flashed ECM, opened stock pipes, belt drive). The '05 has bigger cams, CFR Pipe & tuner, chain drive (w/ lower gearing) to name a few things. There is a huge difference in the two. One is for cruising with, the other is for looking for victims with. :D:D

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Back before my big bore, I rode 3 VRSC's back to back to back. My 1130, with V-Modded stockers, K&N filter, and a good SERT map, a stock 2005 VRSCR, and a stock 2005 SE with the 1250 motor.

Of the 3, the R actually felt like it had the most top end, but the 1250 was a lot more docile at parking lot speeds than either of the other two bikes. The torque from those extra 120cc's makes a noticeable difference at low RPMs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.