Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the outcome if the stock 1130 had the components installed that makes a 1350? W the stock bore would the 58mm TB's still be in order?
W the stock bore should the pistons be changed for a different pin location or is it just the skirts that need to be relieved for rod clearance?
Instead of the custom made crank what about a destroyer crank?
Is the piston to head,valve, clearance still within allowable tolerance using the destroyer crank or does it need a differently configured piston?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you use a stock bore and a destroyer crank you would need pistons made with the wrist pin location moved to allow for the 1/8 inch difference. It would give you a 1180cc engine roughly. You can put a 58mm TB on a stock 1130 and they respond very well to the extra air.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great.
With the custom made Eagle stroker crank do the pistons need to be replaced or just the skirts relieved.Do the piston skirts come out of the bore w the eagle crank?
With the destroyer crank and the set of new pistons do the skirts still come out of the bore on the down stroke?
The bottom line is I have a line on a destroyer crank.I'm trying to figure the most efficient way to stroke the 1130 without boring it.I'll still use the SE heads,new cams and the TB's.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
The piston wouldn't come out of the bore with a 1/8 stroke, the piston pin would have to be moved up an 1/16 to accommodate the additional stroke. My understanding the stock piston is at the top of the hole.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
Well, there are two options you have with pin location, A: you can use the stock pistons and get different rods, B: you can use the stock rods (they use the stock rods in a destroyer) cp has the pistons the part number is M5075 (12:1, 3.937 (stock bore) for use w/ destroyer crank) you will have to contact a cp dealer to order them. I don't know weight wise what you would end up with when changing the rods, but when changing the pistons I think I was around 25 grams lighter compaired to the destroyer pistons(4.13) and rods. So its close enough for what I'm doing it's not a racing motor. So if you get to checking on rods find out what they weigh don't just let price dictate what you go with. The group buy I had on the pistons made it a great deal on price and they were way cheaper than rods, so I don't know how price will compair now. I started a thread about weights on parts I think it might be under the tech section. But if you need more info let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have any clearance issues. But I should know some more this weekend as my cases are finally shipped from eagle. Just to give you some numbers. I had everything else done that you are talking about when I dyno'd it. 58tb, se heads, 480 megacycle cams, 126hp, 82 ft#, so I believe I should net another 10 in both areas with the crank. Also the destroyer crank is not a welded up reground stock crank, it is a very nice crank and well balanced. I don't know the price of what your going to get yours for but hales has them for 507 shipped. When I first was talking to cp the pistons were 6** something if I just ordered one set, but price might be cheaper now that they are a on the shelf part. Hoped that help let me know if you need anymore help. I'm going with the 1177cc on mine, It sounds better than the 1180 :)

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info nic a bod.I think I'll stay w the destroyer crank too,then I can save my stocker for a future core.I got a call from Greg last night and he has done his home work too.I didn't realize the deck to piston tolerance was so precise and was thinking just the crank was all that was needed.I'll stay w the stock rods for the few added #'s of torque.I'm just looking for some more beef than I had when the bike was in stock form.Since the 240 wheel and tire along w the 30th does suck up close to 7 hp on mine this application should give me more oomph than it was new w the 180.
This has all come about from riding the 1250,there is enough difference between the 2 for a noticable overall perfomance difference.

One other thing that I've been thinking about is the finish on the cylinders.Is there a honing procedure for the new rings?

Elrod on the V-Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts