Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Strong Island
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
I pick up my '08 Denim in June '08 when I return from Iraq.

The stock cans on the DX remind me of a coffee thermos. I really like the sweeping lines of the stock V-rod slash-cut pipes.

Questions are: Will the pipes off an 1130 fit the new 1250 displacement? I can probably get a stock set off e-bay fairly inexpensively, but if they don't work...

What about just switching-out mufflers? Will the slash-cut slip on to the DX's pipes? I would not mind keeping the stock DX pipes and heatshields...

Thanks for the info and the support!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I can understand your excitement, I am sure by then there will be a larger selection of pipes and fuel management, one would think. I cannot answer your question.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hey There,
Welcome! There are many different ways to go when modding the exhaust. I went with slipons (just the mufflers) Supertrapp black Fatshots. I think the entire exhaust would fit an 08 but I know the slipons will. 2.5" inlet. Good luck and thanks for your service!

·
JohnnyJolt
35 Posts
This doesn't really answer your question, but I just love my new Vance Hines 2 into 1's.

I also had the Harley Stage 1 Chip and the Vance Hines power commander installed.

I love the sound and there is more power, better mileage, and I think they look great.

Check out the pics in my thread under Products.

Talk soon and enjoy your bike.

JT

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You can get a set of 2007 AW pipes and AW brackets. It'll work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts