Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive come to realise my rego papers are saying my engine is a 1246cc but the guy at the dealership told me its 1130cc? how can i verify this?
also i just ordered a SE stage 2 kit for 1130cc is this the same as a 1250?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2007 vrscdx night rod special

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i doesn't know shite...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got one too!

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
post edited.. new one for me.. i thought 1250 started in 07?

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Nope the 1250 started in 08. I bought the 07, it's 1130 and was kinda ticked when they boosted them to 1250 in 08. The only
1250s before 08 were the Screamin Eagle models.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The only "rare" bike made in 2007 was the VRSCX,in fact the VRSCX is one of the most rare mass produced late model Harleys made for the street because of the low production numbers,with the Destroyer having the least amount of units produced.Most people that do not know any better,call the X model a Screaming Eagle because of the Drag Racing Pro-Stock commemorative paint scheme.The X is not a CVO,it was produced on the regular line along with all other 2007 year models.There were only 1399 made available to the public,with 1400 total documented units made.The 2007 VRSCX came with the 1250,all other 2007 VRSC models had the 1130.2007 was the last year for the 1130 production engine.
The 2007 VRSCDX was not a rare motorcycle,as many thousands of units were produced.
The Harley sold performance cams were intended for the 1250 engine that was to be used in a model that was canned before production was ever started.The reason the performance cams are suggested to be used in the 1250,is from the lack of the compression releases.The 1250 production engines came without compression releases and have a larger cranking amp capacity battery to make the difference.The performance cams will work fine in the 1130 engines.You can expect a rwhp increase of 10%.

Attachments

·
james
601 Posts
The only "rare" bike made in 2007 was the VRSCX,in fact the VRSCX is one of the most rare mass produced late model Harleys made for the street because of the low production numbers,with the Destroyer having the least amount of units produced.Most people that do not know any better,call the X model a Screaming Eagle because of the Drag Racing Pro-Stock commemorative paint scheme.The X is not a CVO,it was produced on the regular line along with all other 2007 year models.There were only 1399 made available to the public,with 1400 total documented units made.The 2007 VRSCX came with the 1250,all other 2007 VRSC models had the 1130.2007 was the last year for the 1130 production engine.
The 2007 VRSCDX was not a rare motorcycle,as many thousands of units were produced.
The Harley sold performance cams were intended for the 1250 engine that was to be used in a model that was canned before production was ever started.The reason the performance cams are suggested to be used in the 1250,is from the lack of the compression releases.The 1250 production engines came without compression releases and have a larger cranking amp capacity battery to make the difference.The performance cams will work fine in the 1130 engines.You can expect a rwhp increase of 10%.
i could be wrong but from what i read and heard there was only 2000 07 dx made 1000 in the US and 1000 over seas...i could be wrong but i am looking to see if i can find the article since it was published a few years back...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
i could be wrong but from what i read and heard there was only 2000 07 dx made 1000 in the US and 1000 over seas...i could be wrong but i am looking to see if i can find the article since it was published a few years back...
Could be,but it really doesn't matter.There have been thousands of DX's produced.They're not bad looking bikes,but there are to many of them.As with any type vehicle that has,or will have a value greater than msrp,the DX won't be one of them.
In years to come,the Destroyer will be one,and I forecast the X to be another.It will take around 20 years for the X to have any extravagant value,and then it will probably only be worth around 25 to the right person.
In the years to come,the 02 and 03 A's will have a higher value,not by a big margin,but still higher than most of the production models.
I say the X will be about as valuable as a true Smokey and the Bandit TransAm is today.

·
james
601 Posts
Could be,but it really doesn't matter.There have been thousands of DX's produced.They're not bad looking bikes,but there are to many of them.As with any type vehicle that has,or will have a value greater than msrp,the DX won't be one of them.
In years to come,the Destroyer will be one,and I forecast the X to be another.It will take around 20 years for the X to have any extravagant value,and then it will probably only be worth around 25 to the right person.
In the years to come,the 02 and 03 A's will have a higher value,not by a big margin,but still higher than most of the production models.
I say the X will be about as valuable as a true Smokey and the Bandit TransAm is today.
actually there is, when i bought my 07 NRS in 06 i only seen two or three in the area... now i can't go any where with out seeing at least one... i do like the white nightrod special it is cool with the contrast of the black...

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Nope the 1250 started in 08. I bought the 07, it's 1130 and was kinda ticked when they boosted them to 1250 in 08. The only
1250s before 08 were the Screamin Eagle models.
Actually the 1250's started in 2005 with the CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod.

Jim

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Actually the 1250's started in 2005 with the CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod.

Jim
pretty sure the gunny meant that the DX 1250s didn't start until 2008

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Though the DX seems to be a very popular model especially by the numbers on this site I only know of one other one in my area and there are plenty of every other model around here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts