Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a local gas station that has 110 octane fuel. If i put this in my bike will it change the BLM table at all? Also would I need to change the timing advance table at all? Just curious before I go spend 3.75 a gallon on this stuff.

·
↓my kid & pet
510 Posts
110 octane is a waste if you don't increase the timing. as for the BLM table, i couldn't tell ya.

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
IMHO don't waste your money. The higher the octane rating the more resistant the fuel is to burning, i.e, it's not a "hotter" fuel that would give better performance but rather a fuel that can withstand higher compression ratios without the cylinder suffering from preignition. So if you're not amping up the compression ratio or providing additional cylinder pressure through external means (i.e. turbocharger or supercharger) there is no reason to use anything other than what your owners manual recommends.

In fact, I would think you would over time end up fouling the plugs.

Anyone more technically proficient agree? (MAX?????)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
110 is an overkill unless you have th compression to require it. Now if you were turbo charged and wanted to stay in the boost a lot then it would be good, if you had 14:1 compression then it might be good. For a stock engine it is a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
agtorange said:
So I found a local gas station that has 110 octane fuel. If i put this in my bike will it change the BLM table at all? Also would I need to change the timing advance table at all? Just curious before I go spend 3.75 a gallon on this stuff.
Is that UNLEADED 110 octane, if not don't use it with O2 sensors unless you like buying new ones and replacing the dead old ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts