Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I bought a 11-1535 progressive suspension kit for my muscle 2014 and I have had a lot of trouble braking the front wheel. when I brake the front wheel with a small touch on the brake the wheel starts to vibrate a lot. I changed the oil fork twice (20w after 10W), cut the spacer that comes with the kit according to the manual (34mm both sides). I checked the full front brake, checked the steering wheel and everything is all right ...
One thing I noticed is that the progressive suspension website (rev.C) manual tells me NOT to cut the spacers and the manual that came in my kit tells me to cut 34mm the spacers (rev.D).
I wonder if anyone had similar problems? Anyone have any ideas? because I am thinking of returning the original HD springs ...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Hello everyone
I bought a 11-1535 progressive suspension kit for my muscle 2014 and I have had a lot of trouble braking the front wheel. when I brake the front wheel with a small touch on the brake the wheel starts to vibrate a lot. I changed the oil fork twice (20w after 10W), cut the spacer that comes with the kit according to the manual (34mm both sides). I checked the full front brake, checked the steering wheel and everything is all right ...
One thing I noticed is that the progressive suspension website (rev.C) manual tells me NOT to cut the spacers and the manual that came in my kit tells me to cut 34mm the spacers (rev.D).
I wonder if anyone had similar problems? Anyone have any ideas? because I am thinking of returning the original HD springs ...

Thanks
I tested those and as far as I'm concerned the whole setup is garbage. Spacers too long and springs too stiff. Sure they will reduce brake dive at the expense of a smooth ride. Got a set sitting in a box, never to be used. I went back to OEM. I can't see them as being the source of your braking vibration however.
Ron

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
If you're going to do it, do it right:
https://traxxion.com/product/ak-20-axxion-motorcycle-fork-cartridge-kit/

On the F, they pair nicely with these: https://racetech.com/page/id/98

Bear in mind that if you use piggyback reservoirs, the stock saddlebags will NOT fit.

I've got both on my F, and it's a completely different bike compared to stock.
While I've researched Traxxion and almost pulled the trigger last year, I do agree, it's the only real great solution for best suspension. Big bucks though. I think they carried Bitubo for the rears but any top level shock with adjustable damping would be fine. I can tell you the Progressive 444 doesn't qualify as a great solution but they were cheaper.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts