Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally hit it the other day, 10,000 miles on my 05' SE. It would be more but I have put over 4000 miles on the BMW since the end of last season.

They have been mostly trouble free miles, here have been my problems: had triple trees replaced; chrome peeled, rear wheel replaced; chrome peeled, fuel sending unit replaced 3X, then they replaced the gage cluster, rear brake switch was hitting engine case a was blowing my fuses, and today it goes in again (3rd time) for pulsating front brake, this time different dealer. But generally a fantastic bike with no major problems!!!!:notworth:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Jeff, I had the same problem with the front brake pulsating. They replaced the rotors once and the problem returned in about 1K miles. The second time the found that it was the wheel bearings. They replaced them and I haven't had a problem in 6k miles. What were the symptoms when you had to have the fuel sending unit replaced? My bike stalled at speed twice last weekend. It started right up, but this makes me a little nervous.

12K on my 05 SE and no major problems. After a fight the rear wheel was replaced under warranty because of peeling.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue was that my fuel lights kept coming and going, I never had a stalling problem.

Here is an old thread on it
click me!

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Thanks for posting guys. I'll be watching mine, 7K as of today.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
TIMROD said:
7K, time to start riding that thing! :D
lol.. I hear ya..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts