Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
(0539) 08-105th - Appleton, Wisconsin (Totaled)

·
Registered
20 Posts
#162 found in NW New Jersey, relocated to VA

Hello. I'm a bit late to the party but I'm happy to be here anyway. After watching the internet for nearly a year I finally got a lead on a pristine low mileage 105 near the NW PA/NJ border so I hooked up the trailer, hopped in the truck and took a 15 hour round trip drive to check it out. I found an awesome old fella who had #162 tucked away in the back of one of his garages where it had been for several years. It is completely stock and with the exception of a few bolt heads that are corroded it is in excellent condition with only 854 miles on the odometer. It is a great addition to my garage. I also have a highly modified 2500 mile 04 Fatboy. Both are amazing to ride and for completely different reasons. I've wanted a V-Rod since I first saw one in 2003 and after 13 years I finally made that happen! It's been a great holiday weekend. Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have #17 and #1 is at Bayside Harley Portsmouth Virginia for anyone that might want to know. It is sold though to the owner of the dealership.
After reading this post from 2007 recently I had been hoping to see the owner of Bayside each time I'm in the dealership, but he never seems to be around when I stop by. Today I was at dropping off #162 for the 1k mile service and he walked by so I finally got a chance to speak to him. Yes, he does indeed have "Genesis", #1 of the 1200 run. Not only did I see it, I'm going to buy it! It has less than 50 miles but I couldn't get the exact mileage due to the battery being disconnected. He equipped it with every piece of aftermarket kit available at the time because it was going to be on display in his showroom and the display tower out front, where it has remained for the past 9 years. They pulled it down to get it cleaned up and running again so I saw it in the service department. The front tire has dry rotted and cracked so it is being replace. Back tire is flawless. They're going through the fuel system to make sure there are no problems. There is minor corrosion as pictured, which should be easy enough to correct with a good detail.

I've never been so excited!!!!! I hope we can make a deal.

I took a couple pictures of my #162 when I arrived to drop it off for service.

Then I got inside and found out what was on the service rack. This is Genesis, 1 of 1200.

·
Registered
5 Posts
#236, Omsk,Russia.
Not sure, is the 1200 numbers all around the world.
My was bought in Japan and have 5HD... VIN
Hello Vegetate
Also I have a 2008 VRod Anniversary
Nice seats, Do you know what brand are they?
My seats are different
Please advice
Alan

·
Registered
37 Posts
261 - 280 of 286 Posts