• No, wait until you here a problem or feel a change

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question(it has many parts)
What does everyone think of me just not doing the valve lash adjustment ? It says vary with frequency of operation and riding style. So , I feel that I could use the 120 dollars in a better way.
Have any of you people had to make any adjustments???
All I have heard is ," no adjustments necessary". on the other forum (quite a while ago I will add)Throw out your comments , as I take it in Saturday, Nov. 8. to get worked on. How about a poll ......

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Bob I think the new revised service schedule for the 04 pretty much speaks for itself. It now calls for that service at 20k miles and is the exact same engine and valves.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Bob a couple of people have mentioned more valve noise before it is needed. The truth is that it would be less valve noise. As the valves seat or wear they actually reduce the gap between the cam and the valve. However no one that I have seen to date has needed the valves adjusted.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well BobT I think that the vote says to wait but you do what ever you like it is your ride. I think most have voted now so I will unstick this and let it drop down now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts