Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I both picked up our bikes today after having the 10,000 mile service. As soon as I started my bike the engine light came on and stayed on for about 5 seconds.

I told my buddy to hang on a sec. He said his engine light was on too but it also went off in about 5 seconds.

Anyone reason for this?

The tech who did the work (who is very good) had already left for the day so I couldn't ask him. But both bikes ran fine and the engine light didn't come on again.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
You know, mine does that every now and then... Check for any codes. I imagine the ECM is still performing a diagnostic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine did the same thing, it is just saying you have a code and the reason is most likely that the battery was disconnected, take it back to the dealer and they can clear it for you. I'm sure it is nothing as mine was.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Hmm just recently when I got my 20,000k service done mine did exactly the same thing for about 4 days after aswell.

Then it just didnt do it anymore I'm now at about 22,500ks.

The bike has never done that before, I also was a lil concerned.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dealer price

I have to have mine done as well, for a vrod they charge $750.00 that really through me a loop. Why so much? Is my Dealer high or what?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
leo10sec. said:
I have to have mine done as well, for a vrod they charge $750.00 that really through me a loop. Why so much? Is my Dealer high or what?

$395 here for the V-Rod 750 for the Tourers. From the local dealer

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It has a code in history, they may have set the code either when they disconnected the battery or they may have started the bike up with the IAT disconnected which happens a lot. You can either clear it or it will fade away on it's own after enough passed run cycles.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
leo10sec. said:

Leo thats about what my local dealer charges, they may be charging you more for the turbo but many charge a lot for the v-rod because of the valve adjustment that the book calls for.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Code is P0113 IAT sensor open/high.

Cleared the code and it did not show up again. I assume they had it disconnected at some point but since the code didn't show up again after clearing it, it must be connected now?

Looks like you were right Max. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts