Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Short Shifter
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys HD just sent me a reminder in the mail about a highly recomended 10,000 mile service. The price for this is over $600.00. Is this something all of you at this milage have done? Is it necessary? Are there any alternative places to take it to have this service that wont rape the pocket? The reason I am tentitive about this, is I took my bike to the Stealership for the 1000 mile service. One week later My bike stalls out cause the clutch resevoir was all but empty. Makes me wonder if they did every thing on that list! one being changing all the fluids... :barf:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The service manual calls for valves to be checked at 15k now for all vrsc models. Not sure without the valve check what they are trying to tag you that much money for. It should not be over $200 for a regular 10k service without the valve check.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Can you change your own spark plugs and oil? Check over your tires. You may need a new front one and check your fall away on the front forks. If you dont have any other complaints that should cover it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts