Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowering kit that should fit all years and models of the VRSC. Lowers the rear approximately 1". I bought it from a fellow forum member, but never installed it. $55 Shipped in the cont. USA. I am willing to ship to AK, HI, and Canada if you cover the extra costs.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but lowering kits can be had for under $40 shipped new on e-bay

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i appreciate the feedback. i haven't looked at them for almost 2 years.

that being said, taking reasonable offers under what they go for new.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Do you need to remove the inner saddlebag brackets if you use this kit?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i never installed the kit myself, or have saddlebags on my v. but just looking at it, i would not think you would.

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but lowering kits can be had for under $40 shipped new on e-bay
Sadly this is true.

bumping it up. $25 shipped in the 48.
That's what I bought a set from a forum member for that price and not in as good as shape.
In my opinion, good deal here!

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can't get tamarack's at that price!! If you can, scoop them up immediately!! Bought mine new for 90.00 shipped and they are worth every penny!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just being curious

Is there any advantage in respect to how the bike is performed or handled by lowering the rear suspension or is this kit designed to primarily achieve a new look on the bike?

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you are under 5'10" and own an "R" then they help you move it around when not running!! You don't have to tippy toe it and you have more leverage to back it up, etc.. These things are heavy and you may need more than yourself to pick it back up!! For other models, they do it for looks!! For me no negative handling at all!! Tamarack also states right on their wb site that the 1.75" kit should only be used on the "R". I went with the one inch because I felt 1.75" would affect the handling!!

·
946 Posts
If you are under 5'10" and own an "R" then they help you move it around when not running!! You don't have to tippy toe it and you have more leverage to back it up, etc.. These things are heavy and you may need more than yourself to pick it back up!! For other models, they do it for looks!! For me no negative handling at all!! Tamarack also states right on their wb site that the 1.75" kit should only be used on the "R". I went with the one inch because I felt 1.75" would affect the handling!!
We took 13" shocks from an VRSCAW and put them on my brothers R. We used the lowering kit in reverse and added an inch. They worked really well. I got a set of like new Tamaracks off of Vrodsrus for $25. Here are a few pics.

We also put a 240 rear tire on and it seems to ride real nice.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Won't that put undo pressure on the swing arm instead of being over the axle? Not sure if Tamarack wanted you to use them that way!!

·
946 Posts
Won't that put undo pressure on the swing arm instead of being over the axle? Not sure if Tamarack wanted you to use them that way!!
I talked to someone there and they said they never used them that way and wanted pictures. Didn't seem to bother them. I don't think there is much presure difference.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There's definitely one to many 3's in that listing!! Probably see a correction soon when they realize nobody's buying them!! Hell, Tamarack's are 90.00 shipped brand new and look bulkier than those!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts