Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and installed 1" lowering brackets off of ebay. Are there any concerns with using these? They basically move the lower shock mount back. Thanks...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i've never used them, but i've seen posts about them affecting the handling of the bike. i dunno, i'd say ride it and if its ride normal the your good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've got them. They do mount farther back, which lowers the fender about an inch.
I have read some guys were concerned about bottoming out, especially if they got a passenger.
I have also heard it may change the angle of the brakes....
I have not experienced any of the above, but I also ride solo.
If you install these you will not be able to install rear axle nut covers!
Just my 2 cents worth!!

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I rode with them for about 400 miles and didn't have any problems, got new progressives though so I ditched them, but I had no issues riding solo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have them on mine. not a problem as long as you tie the bolts using some threadlocker.
I will recomend adjusting the spring to a tighter setting and be carefull while you go over some speed bumps or do fast tight turns because the botton of the bike will hit the ground.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If they are from Tamarack, they guarantee that they will cause no problems!! I have them on my bike and really don't feel anything different, but I have an "R". Don't really see no reason to put them on other v-rods because they already are low enough to 2 feet flat at stops.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got them for looks soley. The rear of the muscle looks so much better an inch lower. Once I installed them, I am questioning them, they look hoakie... I think I'm going to just order some Penskie's...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts