crash bars
luggage and sissy bar
k&n air filter
se race tuner

im open to all serious offers

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
how much you planning on getting? $8-9000?

Highly modified vehicles are usually a turnoff to most.
really? i honestly wouldn't of thought that, but that is interesting. why do you suppose that is the case?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Really? YES REALLY. Just ask yourself, you could buy a stock civic, or buy some BS rice burner with ground effects, exhaust hanging off, god knows what tuner for the engine, etc etc. You do not know what the idiot has done to it. And usually it means the car was driving like the fast n furious.

I thought it was self explanitory, but not to everyone i guess.

I personally don't want some dumbass tinkering with something they know nothing about and me buying somelses headache.

my two cents.....

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts

I personally don't want some dumbass tinkering with something they know nothing about and me buying somelses headache.

my two cents.....
I see your point. It's just that I give more credit to V Rod owners not being "dumbass tinkering with something they know nothing about" and these owners doing common modifications (exhaust upgrades for example) and doing them correctly. Perhaps I am naive.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Really? YES REALLY. Just ask yourself, you could buy a stock civic, or buy some BS rice burner with ground effects, exhaust hanging off, god knows what tuner for the engine, etc etc. You do not know what the idiot has done to it. And usually it means the car was driving like the fast n furious.

my two cents.....
What if it was done right like mine! With the right bike for sale (your own comfort level) the buyer has the opportunity to save money not only on the bike but the upgrades as well. You're assuming that everybody that mods a bike here is a hack. I say not true at all! I agree you do have to look at it real good but that should tell you how well the upgrades look and how well the bike runs and was taken care of. Just my opinion of course but there's guys on here that I would trust more than a HD dealer when it comes to doing the right thing.

My two cents too.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Are you saying that you consider a set of Stage II cams as "highly modified" ??? :angeldev:
:rofl: Exactly my point, nice clean bolt on stuff pre-engineered with barely no risk at all...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not all mods are "upgrades". They're just different. For example, you may think putting on louder pipes is better, but it may be a turn off to others who don't care for loud pipes. Or selection of accessories that may appeal to you but not others. I personally prefer a bike as close to stock as possible when buying used.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not all mods are "upgrades". They're just different. For example, you may think putting on louder pipes is better, but it may be a turn off to others who don't care for loud pipes. Or selection of accessories that may appeal to you but not others. I personally prefer a bike as close to stock as possible when buying used.
Thankyou for backing me up. My point exactly.

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
how much you planning on getting? $8-9000?

Highly modified vehicles are usually a turnoff to most.
So I assume that you paid $8-9000 for yours?
Here's one of your early posts:

Quote:
"Backfire and Hiccup with stage 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I bought an 09 second hand, it already had the V&H comp. series and K&N intake filter and power commander installed."​
It's OK to not like the classified ad, but if you don't like it, go see your local dealer for an untouched bike. I personally enjoy and have learned tons of info from this site and the "modders" here. I see no need to insult an individual that has tons of experience with his bike and has the unfortunate circumstances to have to sell his pride and joy.
Good luck with your sale MILLER41143. Some one will appreciate your efforts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's one of your early posts:

I see no need to insult an individual that has tons of experience with his bike and has the unfortunate circumstances to have to sell his pride and joy.
Good luck with your sale MILLER41143.
:chainsaw::stilpoke::stilpoke:

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
In a bind and the bike has to go

it is listed in the calssifieds

stg 2 cams
tab exhaust
arnotts air ride
crash bars
luggage and sissy bar
k&n air filter
se race tuner

im open to all serious offers
Clean Bump for ya Bro! Best of luck on the sale of what sounds like a Beautiful Bike! :cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Common guys, I would be heartbroken if i had to sell my bike. Im sure someone will appreciate the work he put into the bike. I for one would rather a stock bike if i had the choice.

I didn't, and I took the best deal I could get.

I trust my work more than anybody elses. Including dealerships. So thats just me. Anyway good luck with the sale. And to everyone else pissing on me for my opinion, :chainsaw:

I try to add to this forum also, and I have learned alot from my fellow forumers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts