Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a VRSCR and am looking at an '08 VRSCD. Are '08 VRSCD wide frame? I'm guessing it is because it has the 5 gal tank and the 1250 motor Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Yes. Wide frame but not the wide 240 tire. It still has the 180 back tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's exactly what I want, wide frame 180 tire. I hope the VRSCD rides as nice as the VRSCR. Does the shorter shocks make the rear end ride hard?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Thanks! That's exactly what I want, wide frame 180 tire. I hope the VRSCD rides as nice as the VRSCR. Does the shorter shocks make the rear end ride hard?
Not that I know of. I don't think you're going to like the front end though, mushy, bottoms out often, heavy dive when you hit the brakes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
funny, my '08 D has stickers on the frame with the correct tire pressure for a 240 if I am not mistaken....no mention of the 180....

·
Registered
394 Posts
The front end of my '08 VRSCD was improved by a set of Progressive springs, but not as much as I thought it would be. It's not terrible stock, in my opinion, but there's room for improvement.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
I currently own a VRSCR and am looking at an '08 VRSCD. Are '08 VRSCD wide frame? I'm guessing it is because it has the 5 gal tank and the 1250 motor Any help would be appreciated.
Unless you are going for the abs, it may not be worth it. Some people here have claimed there is no discernable difference between a stock 1130 and a stock 1250.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
I have both sizes of engine - little difference, stock. a bit more grunt. Not huge. The 08 D is a great bike. If you decide to get it, the 240 wheel and tire is a bolt on swap. See Yakety Yak's bike. His is an 08 D, with paint and AW wheels - looks great! Joe

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Not that I know of. I don't think you're going to like the front end though, mushy, bottoms out often, heavy dive when you hit the brakes.
A set of Ricor Intiminators will cure that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts