Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through Manolo's post regarding differences for the 07/08 DX with interest. I am interested in the part #'s for the slipper clutch which I would like to retro-fit on my 07, unfortunately when calling two local shops they were not able to provide me with that info, or even acknowledge that such a difference exists. Does anybody here have these part #'s, or possibly provide more info on the subject.

Here is the post I am referencing

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71155&highlight=slipper+clutch


Thanks

christos
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
RicoSuave said:
Do we know if this is an easy install?
anything is easy with a hammer and JB Weld.

I think it is pretty straight forward but they state you should have the 08 service manual for the how to.
 

·
1 Person Biker Gang
Joined
·
287 Posts
I tried to order a JIM'S VRod clutch locking tool #1667 from MAW this afternoon. The lady told me it had been discontinued. I can't see why Jims would no longer offer this tool since the VRod is still here.
 

·
spit happens
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
drodder said:
I tried to order a JIM'S VRod clutch locking tool #1667 from MAW this afternoon. The lady told me it had been discontinued. I can't see why Jims would no longer offer this tool since the VRod is still here.
I have not been able to locate one.This must be the reason why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Just installed the slipper clutch today. THe hard part was dropping the clutch into the basket. I had to remove the springs to get it to get it lined up right. The hardest part of the job was removing the pipes.

Now I can't wait to get my wheels back from the powdercoater.
 

·
1 Person Biker Gang
Joined
·
287 Posts
The Jim's Tool #1667 clutch locking tool is $173. Is there a way hold the basket to remove and replace the nut without this tool? This price is high for no more than I will use it.
 

·
The Hawk
Joined
·
3,895 Posts
VrodG said:
37938-08K and it runs about $280.00.

$228 from Zanotti's.

Might be goin on mine when I wear out my new carbon fiber setup. Someone needs to get this thing on and tested to see how it performs when you abuse it hard.

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,727 Posts
drodder said:
I tried to order a JIM'S VRod clutch locking tool #1667 from MAW this afternoon. The lady told me it had been discontinued. I can't see why Jims would no longer offer this tool since the VRod is still here.
Keep in mind that you need a different hub holding tool for these 2008 clutches.
 

·
Greg/Moderator
Joined
·
18,951 Posts
Elgavilan said:
$228 from Zanotti's.

Might be goin on mine when I wear out my new carbon fiber setup. Someone needs to get this thing on and tested to see how it performs when you abuse it hard.

Mike
Thanks Mike
 

·
1 Person Biker Gang
Joined
·
287 Posts
I understood the basket was the same. I read the slipper clutch is a simple install on a older VRod. Are you sure the basket is different? I have a '07 and wanting to install the slipper clutch.
o2man98 said:
Keep in mind that you need a different hub holding tool for these 2008 clutches.
 

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
Elgavilan said:
$228 from Zanotti's.
Someone needs to get this thing on and tested to see how it performs when you abuse it hard.

Mike
Ray Connor (vrodcustoms) had one on his bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
drodder said:
I understood the basket was the same. I read the slipper clutch is a simple install on a older VRod. Are you sure the basket is different? I have a '07 and wanting to install the slipper clutch.
THe basket is the same. Just drop it in and put it on the bike. I also bought a new nut. My buddy brought the basket holder tool. I really can't see how you would be able to get the nut off or on for that matter without it. It is tightened to one hundred sixty something foot pounds of torque.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top